Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

I think the way this played out was a homerun regardless of how I feel about Nix. I’m a big fan of both Elliss and Franklin and the instant QB-WR chemistry is huge. They worked out together running our plays for Sean Payton!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

98.6 points for 93 points when you plug it into the value chart. When moving up for a top 50 player on the consensus board (with the added value of built-in chemistry with Nix), I think we did great.

I guess. It just feels like a lot to move up 19 spots in the 4th round. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I guess. It just feels like a lot to move up 19 spots in the 4th round. 

Day 3 value in that 4th-5th range might not be there this year (or maybe at all going forward). The NIL deals are starting to really deplete the depth in the middle imo. And every year we have less and less bloat from the extra COVID season. 

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I just want to go on record that I LOVE what the Washington Commanders have done this offseason. Got my #1 GM, a guy who’s been in my top 3 HC candidates for 3 straight years, my #1b QB (depending on if you prefer pocket or mobile), my #1 DT, #1 slot CB, #2 TE, and # 1 sleeper WR. 

How exactly did we let Adam Peters get away? Can we trade him for George?

11 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

How exactly did we let Adam Peters get away? Can we trade him for George?

Not just George, but the whole FO and scouting department. They keep drafting the same types of players every year, and it isn't working.

On 4/26/2024 at 1:39 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

The only exception I will give to this is if you prescribe to @AKRNA way of thinking, which is to build the team and get the QB afterwards. Whilst I don't agree with this approach per se, I do accept that picking the 6th QB in the draft at #12 very much goes against this thinking, thus I get the outrage (kind of ...)

Let's not call it "my way of thinking", it's more an engineering perspective. The simple fact is it's been the most common route for SB winners in my lifetime by a very wide margin. Brady, Big Ben, Mahomes just to name a few all benefitted from this approach. Looks to me like over 90% of SB winners use that same approach so who am I to argue?

About the only team that did it the other way was the Colts and it took almost a decade to build around Manning.

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Wow another guy that I had a R2 grade on. We are killing day 3 so far. 

Yeah just read he had a day 2 grade, a second team AP All American coming out of the SEC. You can’t have enough good corners. Can’t complain there. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What we get a bulldozer rb can he catch?

Scouting report on NFL said he “caught everything thrown his way” and doesn’t get due credit as a receiver out of the backfield. Another productive player from an upper tier program. Again, no complaints there. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Scouting report on NFL said he “caught everything thrown his way” and doesn’t get due credit as a receiver out of the backfield. Another productive player from an upper tier program. Again, no complaints there. 

Yea I like him I think 40 times are overrated tbh if he runs a 4.5 he's a 3rd round pick. He looks quicker than 4.71 on tape.