Denver Broncos 2024 Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The Pa(y)ton’s did a great job with the picks they had. Especially considering how the Nix pick is a gigantic reach on a spreadsheet. 

******* Chiefs, though. Ugh

I didn’t click the methodology link, but the Franklin pick I would assume gives Denver a huge bump in that chart.  Which is why I’d be interested into what led him to fall that far.  Usually there’s something.  But most places I read had him as a top 50 prospect.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Are we assuming Forsythe is being handed the Center job?

I don't think handed is the right term. Maybe the favorite but one of he, Wattenburg and Mustipher will be the guy.

17 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I didn’t click the methodology link, but the Franklin pick I would assume gives Denver a huge bump in that chart.  Which is why I’d be interested into what led him to fall that far.  Usually there’s something.  But most places I read had him as a top 50 prospect.

Franklin, KAD, and Estime were all big values. My guess on Franklin is the slight frame and his 9 drops last season.

43 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Franklin, KAD, and Estime were all big values. My guess on Franklin is the slight frame and his 9 drops last season.

I didn’t follow much college football, but knew of Estime and then he ran the slow 40.  

Edited by germ-x

Any of my fellow oldies out there see a lot of Ashley Lelie in Troy Franklin? I was surprised to see that he was top 3 in yards-per-route among all receivers given the offence he was in. Payton talked a lot on Thursday night about removing Nix’s gimmick throws when evaluating, focusing on his looks at route tree stuff. That proof is in the pudding now because Franklin wasn’t Nix’s gimmick guy, he was the one running go’s and deep outs. 

Pretty exciting times. Our offence probably won’t be good this season, but at least it’ll be fresh? And young.

• Like 1