2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Was an early Day 3 target for me. 

The kid is super smart. He plays like a former QB. The guy has hands he just has off the charts football IQ with what he’s seeing across from him and he sets things up.

Just now, ripsean21 said:

The kid is super smart. He plays like a former QB. The guy has hands he just has off the charts football IQ with what he’s seeing across from him and he sets things up.

He is a former QB, for Nebraska.

I think he can be Wes Welker-esque with some time. I am surprised he went before Jerry Rice's kid, Brenden Rice, but I too like the pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Was an early Day 3 target for me. 

Well we don't have an "early" day 3 pick, unfortunately. We moved our 4th to Seattle in the Howell trade. We only have 3 day 3 picks. Our 5th, 7th, and TB's 5th rounder (that Philly got before we did).

Day 2 Haul:
DT Jer'Zhan Newton (25th ranked prospect)*
CB Mike Sainristil (50th ranked prospect)*
TE Ben Sinnott (74th ranked prospect)*
OT/OG Brandon Coleman (99th ranked prospect)*
WR Luke McCaffrey (129th ranked prospect)*

*According to Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 prospects:
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2024-nfl-draft-class

Addressed some major needs and got a really good value pick. All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with today.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Day 2 Haul:
DT Jer'Zhan Newton (25th ranked prospect)*
CB Mike Sainristil (50th ranked prospect)*
TE Ben Sinnott (74th ranked prospect)*
OT/OG Brandon Coleman (99th ranked prospect)*
WR Luke McCaffrey (129th ranked prospect)*

*According to Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 prospects:
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2024-nfl-draft-class

Addressed some major needs and got a really good value pick. All-in-all, I'm pretty happy with today.

I agree!

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He is a former QB, for Nebraska.

I think he can be Wes Welker-esque with some time. I am surprised he went before Jerry Rice's kid, Brenden Rice, but I too like the pick.

No I know he was a QB but when you watch him play you can tell because the variations of depths he runs his routes and breaks based of defensive alignments. He was working guys in mobile. I know we didn’t get there OT in round one but they damn sure maximized the return. And I’m going to keep it real. If you told me yesterday I could have Jayden Morgan and a variation of 3 of these players or Jayden and these 5 give me this all day long!!! I said yesterday I’m okay with a trade up for a OT. But not for the 7th or 8th guy. Give my Mikey and and Newton who no foot injury was sure fire round especially in this interior DL class. Then they picked my 2nd TE and Luke to work the middle you can actually deploy a diverse passing concept!! We have Ertz who is a savy vet who Sinnot actually reminded me of with his route style and hands. But Ben is literally a human bowling ball. Guys legit bounce off him because he just has this bulky compact frame and think trunk for legs guys legit struggle because he has this deceptive wiggle with the ball in hand. I’m over here like big eyed because I have never seen us do things like this in a draft where I have a small list compared to most team boards and every single player we have gotten we’re on my board. 5 day two picks this has legit been nuts😳😳😳

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

5 day two picks this has legit been nuts😳😳😳

Each one of them have a legitimate shot to contribute early too.

I'm not super interested in what they do with the last 3 picks, but I hope we get some solid special teams guys. (Maybe someone to compete with McManus)

• Like 1