The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

3 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I'm not sure why we are trying to justify the Mayer draft pick. This staff did not draft him and could easily just not like him as much as Bowers. Saw Bowers as an upgrade. That's the end of it. A waste of a draft pick on a number 2 tight end and the consequence of turning over front offices yet again.

It's not about justifying the Mayer pick- though I now feel vindicated for calling it a pointless luxury pick last year. 

It is about the far bigger holes we have on the roster and taking a luxury pick instead. 

i dont hate Bowers. I think hes a very good player. I think it's a redundant pick that leaves us with the same holes at the end of the day. Hate the game, not the player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You've clearly not watch Brock Bowers play. He's a WR who happens to play TE. He's a compliment not a replacement to Mayer.

A compliment lol?  How many catches does Mayer have next year?  He will be lucky to have 25...

He was our 2nd rounder last year that most fans were going crazy over.  He is now our #2 TE, on a team with a ton of needs at key positions.  Striking out on 1-3 round picks is why this organization has been a dumpster fire for over 20 years.  

Bowers is a great prospect but I don't get the need and a non premium position with so many other holes on this roster.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

A compliment lol?  How many catches does Mayer have next year?  He will be lucky to have 25...

He was our 2nd rounder last year that most fans were going crazy over.  He is now our #2 TE, on a team with a ton of needs at key positions.  Striking out on 1-3 round picks is why this organization has been a dumpster fire for over 20 years.  

I agree with this I thought that Michael Mayer was overrated and then everybody overreacted when he became a starter last year to try to justify it lol. That said, Brock Bowers will be a problem in the NFL if he stays healthy

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I agree with this I thought that Michael Mayer was overrated and then everybody overreacted when he became a starter last year to try to justify it lol. That said, Brock Bowers will be a problem in the NFL if he stays healthy

Bowers looks like a heck of a talent but I just dont see the need unless the front office is convinced this kid is a  HOFer.  We have other holes to fill at key positions. 

25 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

FIFY. No QB left worth taking. Stack talent, focus on 2025.

Nah. Can’t handle AOC and Minshew season. Wasting another year of Tae and others. Love Bowers and the pick for what was available but personally think we made a bad decision not going up and getting JJ. 

edit: plus I do like Travis. Would far prefer him to taking Rattler at 44. Hopefully I’m wrong and next years QB class starts looking better or AOC steps up. 

Edited by FloydFan
Addition

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Bowers looks like a heck of a talent but I just dont see the need unless the front office is convinced this kid is a  HOFer.  We have other holes to fill at key positions. 

He's definitely not a need but I don't think that that's what this was about it was about making sure you get better players. Rather than trying to get players you need that aren't as good. In theory if you do that every year you will have one of the better teams in the NFL by default. It's kind of the point of the draft in the first place. 

Trust me I didn't want tight end but our problem last year is that our office wasn't very good Bowers makes the offense better. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's not about justifying the Mayer pick- though I now feel vindicated for calling it a pointless luxury pick last year. 

It is about the far bigger holes we have on the roster and taking a luxury pick instead. 

i dont hate Bowers. I think hes a very good player. I think it's a redundant pick that leaves us with the same holes at the end of the day. Hate the game, not the player. 

Luxury esp with what was on the board 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

He's definitely not a need but I don't think that that's what this was about it was about making sure you get better players. Rather than trying to get players you need that aren't as good. In theory if you do that every year you will have one of the better teams in the NFL by default. It's kind of the point of the draft in the first place. 

Trust me I didn't want tight end but our problem last year is that our office wasn't very good Bowers makes the offense better. 

I agree he makes the O better but we had Mayer, a 2nd rounder last year and is now at best a 25 catch a year player.

Bowers is a stud prospect but for the pick to make sense he needs to be a HOFer. 

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Nah. Can’t handle AOC and Minshew season. Wasting another year of Tae and others. Love Bowers and the pick for what was available but personally think we made a bad decision not going up and getting JJ. 

edit: plus I do like Travis. Would far prefer him to taking Rattler at 44. Hopefully I’m wrong and next years QB class starts looking better or APC steps up. 

Kind of irrelevant. There is not a QB left that would beat out either. 

Agree on JJ, but even he needs a year to develop.

• Like 1