The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

I’m happy with the picks so far. JPJ is a stud so very happy with pick. As anyone would be in the 3rd Glaze is probably for the future. 

We’ve built up the depth of the OL and created some competition. JPJ G/C Whitehair G/C Parham G/C Glaze G/T Munford T/G.  Glaze might be a slight reach but likely wouldn’t have been there in the 4th while other positions such as CB/WR should still have some good targets. 

Payton Wilson would have been my pick but medicals are obviously an issue, be interested to see how he goes. 

Id be looking at CB, NT & WR ideally in day 3 to build the depth. 

9 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

I want Audric Estimic. Power RB. Luxury pick? Maybe but I want to see it happen.

I want a RB in the 4th and him or Allen would work for me.

I would like to see a receiver in the next two rounds. Drafting Bowers mitigates the need a bit, but the receiver depth chart is shallow before training camp. A few guys that interest me would be Troy Franklin, Brenden Rice, Cornelius Johnson, and Johnny Wilson.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Watch the press conference and I started to see how to Lesco things which probably explains the whole after the first two rounds the picks start to taper off. He doesn't believe that third rounders are usually going to end up to be first year starters so the idea is draft somebody to develop. I obviously don't agree with that but I understand the perspective there. 

Yeah, he's going to have ti deliver some pretty damn quick results to win me over in that case. 

That was his Achilles heel with the Chargers, and it showed. 

But for the Raiders specifically....you're talking about a team where most of our best players are round 3 or later guys who came in and started day/year one. 

1st rounders are sexy, but you aren't fielding an entire unit of 1st and 2nd rounders. Contracts and time are a real thing. That explains his Chargers rosters incredibly well- a couple of top tier 1st round studs, some big splash FA/trade acquisitions, and very shallow depth with a seemingly endless trough of developmental guys. That's how you field an overrated team everyone expects to take a step.....and then not. 

Oh well. He can prove all doubters wrong. 

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Payton Wilson would have been my pick but medicals are obviously an issue, be interested to see how he goes. 

I wanted him so bad it hurts. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes an absolute menace for Pittsburgh. 

But dude has had more procedures and injuries listed than a medical encyclopedia for sure. He was probably entirely off of a lot of boards, truth be told. And it's not hard ti see why. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, he's going to have ti deliver some pretty damn quick results to win me over in that case. 

That was his Achilles heel with the Chargers, and it showed. 

But for the Raiders specifically....you're talking about a team where most of our best players are round 3 or later guys who came in and started day/year one. 

1st rounders are sexy, but you aren't fielding an entire unit of 1st and 2nd rounders. Contracts and time are a real thing. That explains his Chargers rosters incredibly well- a couple of top tier 1st round studs, some big splash FA/trade acquisitions, and very shallow depth with a seemingly endless trough of developmental guys. That's how you field an overrated team everyone expects to take a step.....and then not. 

Oh well. He can prove all doubters wrong. 

It does explain a lot for sure. 

14 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A Del Mar Glaze.

That is something very different that you can experience at the race track above San Diego. Don't ask because I won't tell but hint that Blacks Beach or HK bar in TJ will help your hunting. lol It's similar to a kind of necklace with oyster's prizes inside. lol 

• Like 4

Super happy with the JPJ pick - Glaze is understandable and I can’t hate it. 

Today im hoping we walk away with a few players from this list…

TJ Tampa

Cam Hart

Curtis Jacobs

Jaylen Wright

Mekhi Wingo

Jeremiah Trotter Jr

Kristian Boyd

Leonard Taylor

• Like 2

Guys I like on Day 3 

QB: Pratt, Rattler, Milton, Travis 

RB: J Wright , B Allen , R Davis , Isaac G , K Milton, Estime