Ravens 2024 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

I think the benefit this draft should have is a strong DB group for years to come. The safety group has some kinks in it. But I feel like our DB group can truly compete with any squads WRs… KC and Miami and their great speed being one of the few that could really test the group.

19 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

Worthy 4.2 shows up on game film

Maybe you've watched him more than I have, but in the handful of Texas games I saw last year, he never looked as fast as his 40 time to me. Not to say he isn't fast, just that his speed never stood out to me as this elite trait where he was running away from defenders all the time. Maybe that will be the case in the pros with better quarterback play, but for all the lofty comps he gets to guys like Tyreek Hill, DeSean Jackson, etc, those guys all visually stood out on the field with their speed.

23 hours ago, Nobellythrower said:

Worthy 4.2 shows up on game film

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Maybe you've watched him more than I have, but in the handful of Texas games I saw last year, he never looked as fast as his 40 time to me. Not to say he isn't fast, just that his speed never stood out to me as this elite trait where he was running away from defenders all the time. Maybe that will be the case in the pros with better quarterback play, but for all the lofty comps he gets to guys like Tyreek Hill, DeSean Jackson, etc, those guys all visually stood out on the field with their speed.

Agree with RTID here. Here are all his targets and catches in 2023 plus a few extras. He looks Calvin Ridley fast 95% of the time on tape.

Now if by “it shows up” we’re talking about the 5% of the time where we can see Worthy turn on the boosters and catch up to a throw that should’ve been over thrown only for him to meet it perfectly, then yes, that does happen on rare instances.

But typically he looks more 4.35 than 4.21 in his speed. Personally I think it might be because he’s only above average in his agility and his start stop to start speed is also not ideal, similar to Calvin Ridley. Worthy doesn’t have oily hips and so he’s most always just sort of fast jogging. 

Now it’s incredible that a fast jog looks like 4.3-4.4 type speed, but it’s rare that we see 4.2 speed accessed by him. But he literally just turned 21 years old and so he’s still got tons of development physically and in his game. So with those KC coaches getting him ready, I have no doubt that we will more often see that 4.2 speed torch NFL defenses week in and week out.

• Like 1