Ravens 2024 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

I’m glad to have solved the DB spot in round 1. I never really thought that corner was a particular late round need. We either needed a surefire talent injection or we weren’t really upgrading all that much. 

Now the OL and WR are the two obvious positions of need. Guys that I like going into round two of the draft:

Roman Wilson, WR
Troy Franklin, WR
Johnny Wilson, WR

Cooper Beebe, OG
Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL
Kingsley Suamataia, OL
Christian Haynes, OG
Brandon Coleman, OL
Kiran Amegadjie, OL

The two highlighted players would really intrigue me. I feel like Roman Wilson would transition into a similar style offense and would be a vertical slot WR type and what most impressed me with his game is his ability to thrive during the second play on scramble drills.

Beebe and Kingsley would both be great fits for different reasons. Beebe IMO is a plug and play and reminds me of Marshal Yanda in how he plays and approaches the game. He’s got athleticism, he’s got power, size, intelligence. Really him and JPJ, but I expect JPJ to be gone by our selection, whereas Beebe could presumably fall.

Kingsley is more of a project, however he’s got the enticing traits to play both inside and out. He can develop behind Stanley and Mekari at OT early, while competing to be the LT of the future next season when Stanley heads to free agency.

Thanks for getting the threads up guys. I was actually in Detroit for the draft today so my availability was nonexistent.

It was absolutely insane down there. So many people and not just Lions fans. You might see some pictures of the crowd by the draft stage but they weren't even the half of it. The Draft Experience area actually had to shut the gates a little after 6 because the area went over capacity. That area being a fairly large park with quite a bit of space for people to spread out. Never seen anything like it.

• Like 8

And here we go…

20 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Roman Wilson, WR
Troy Franklin, WR
Johnny Wilson, WR

Cooper Beebe, OG
Kingsley Suamataia, OL
Christian Haynes, OG
Brandon Coleman, OL
Kiran Amegadjie, OL

Looking at the board, I can’t help but feel like the OL board looks better than the WR board.

Might make sense to get the WR now and go OL a bit later. That said, Cooper Beebe is probably the best player I have left. Then Kingsley has the most potential.

Maybe we trade down and get the ammo to move back up so we can double up sooner than later.

Beyond that both Troy Franklin and Roman Wilson would really complement our WR room. Franklin has the more trustworthy profile with his size, breakout age, and athletic traits. Though Roman Wilson would be a great guy with that second play.

I’m very much hoping we don’t go Corley though. I didn’t like his tape as much as others, I was definitely lower on him than the consensus board. I didn’t think he was developed enough in his WR skills and were not the team that has shown the ability to best develop WR talent. So really with all that in mind I think Troy Franklin has the most reliable profile to select.

Edited by diamondbull424

Good selection. I honestly forgot he was still on the board. There were rumors that he would get selected at the end of round 1 the last few weeks.

So I didn’t think he would be here… which I’ve said again. Rosengarten is a great selection, great value.

• Like 1

Really can’t be mad at this draft. Nailed BPA and Needs all in one. Granted some of us wanted different names for RT, but Rosengarten fits our mold

Loving it so far. Let’s grab ourselves D-Line or WR round 3… or if it’s me, I want to see us be greedy and come up for Beebe  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Really can’t be mad at this draft. Nailed BPA and Needs all in one. Granted some of us wanted different names for RT, but Rosengarten fits our mold

Loving it so far. Let’s grab ourselves D-Line or WR round 3… or if it’s me, I want to see us be greedy and come up for Beebe  

Beebe would be such a stud. I think he’s going to be a pro bowl level talent. Reminds me of Yanda.

• Like 1

Hard to believe Roman Wilson and Troy Franklin are still on the board. I don't expect them to make it to our pick, but that would be amazing.

I'm fine with more OL, WR, EDGE, etc.

Also Audric Estime is a dream fit for this offense and I really want to put him behind Derrick Henry to just crush teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Hard to believe Roman Wilson and Troy Franklin are still on the board. I don't expect them to make it to our pick, but that would be amazing.

I'm fine with more OL, WR, EDGE, etc.

Also Audric Estime is a dream fit for this offense and I really want to put him behind Derrick Henry to just crush teams.

If opposing teams continue making dumb- selections they will. At least one of them anyway.

Though party of me wants us to draft Johnny Wilson just so I can win the draft game in a clutch comeback. 😂 

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Cooper Beebe’s arm length must be a serious concern for many teams because there’s no reason why some of these OL should be going above him. Makes no sense to me.

Didn’t expect him to fall far. Dallas grabbed a good one. Yanda comparison was spot on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ravens5520 said:

Didn’t expect him to fall far. Dallas grabbed a good one. Yanda comparison was spot on

Actually thinking of the Cowboys getting him, he also reminds me of Travis Frederick along the inside as well. Guy is an absolute stud.

Well Beebe being off the board if we still want to upgrade the OL Haynes is a great player and would make a ton of sense.

Beyond that it’s got to be WR, I can’t think of any other positions that would make sense here.

57 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Roman Wilson, WR
Troy Franklin, WR
Johnny Wilson, WR
Jackson Powers Johnson
Cooper Beebe, OG

Kingsley Suamataia, OL
Christian Haynes, OG
Brandon Coleman, OL
Kiran Amegadjie, OL

Once a WR is taken, I think we should trade up to get the other guy. We really don’t need all these late round selections IMO.

We’d be better served with snatching up the best WR available than staying pretty at pick 92 just to have guys we have to cut and trade at the end of camp because we don’t have enough spots.