Ravens 2024 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Williams left for the Saints, but our current WR staff is definitely still better than what we had during the Roman years.

Yeah this is why I’m not a fan of the Walker pick personally. Under Keith Williams, I would’ve felt like maybe I like his chances to develop as a route runner, but as it stands, I don’t like his route running nor his release packages.

I would’ve felt FARR more comfortable with Troy Franklin adding some weight than I feel Walker will add the needed skill. Which means I have his floor as being a solid deep threat, but I don’t think he’s got a high ceiling despite his athleticism.

Just now, DreamKid said:

I'm hoping this run on RBs forces the FO to take Audric Estime here, the one player I'm really pulling for.

I’ll take Estime or Allen as well. Both young productive backs. Though I’m not going to lie, I’m going to be pounding the table for Johnny Wilson until he’s wearing purple and black.

We also might go safety here though, that’s a need.

• Like 1

I really love this pick. Didn’t think he would make it to the end of the fourth. I’d rather gain more secondary depth with our injury history then a fourth running back at this point. Also, I was a big fan of his press coverage skills.

• Like 2

Just now, Ray Reed said:

TJ Tampa this late feels like crazy value 

Yeah now THIS is a pick I can truly get behind. I wasn’t particularly the biggest fan of much of this draft, but TJ Tampa in the 4th is incredible value. Feels like our defense could be going back to a lot of man coverage and less of the zone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Though I’m not going to lie, I’m going to be pounding the table for Johnny Wilson until he’s wearing purple and black.

I wonder if they view him more as a TE. 

I know this is a wild card. I wouldn’t mind seeing us maneuver a late round pick from next year and our next selection to grab Spencer Rattler. I know I know. Lamar! Doesn’t hurt to have someone behind him that could develop into a very serviceable backup.

Edited by ravens5520

6 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

I know this is a wild card. I wouldn’t mind seeing us maneuver a late round pick from next year and our next selection to grab Spencer Rattler. I know I know. Lamar! Doesn’t hurt to have someone behind him that could develop into a very serviceable backup.

I don't know enough to have an opinion on Rattler, but spending a 5th or later on a backup QB is a fine move IMO. Backup QB is a significant roster spot and we have next to nothing behind Lamar.

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I honestly thought he had already been drafted. I saw he was the BPA on Mel Kiper’s board for much of yesterday and missed a few picks and figured he was already gone. Crazy value.

Pepe Williams and JAD, times up. (Probably)

Yeah and the only way JAD beats out these guys for playing time or even a roster spot is (most likely) him staying healthy all training camp and finally putting together his potential which as a prospect was really good…which is kind of a no lose scenario for us. 

Pepe I think is probably gone but crazier things have happened 

• Like 1