Ravens 2024 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Falcons with a absolute howler. They are sitting a 24-year old rookie for 2 years?

After passing on trying to sign Lamar to stick with Ridder, and then going Cousins + Penix the next year is really rough. And I'm not that pessimistic on Penix, it's just weird and makes no sense from a resource allocation standpoint.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wow. They went Latu over Dallas Turner?! Man, I wish the Ravens were up higher, the amount of value on this board is insane!

I think this midpoint of the draft is where we *might* see the Ravens trade up.

Hopefully this defensive run pushes down some talent for us to trade up for with guys like Amarius Mims or Brian Thomas Jr.

With the Bengals having Hendrickson request a trade you’re got to think that Dallas Turner might go there.

I don't see the Ravens trading up, WR is not a need and the Ravens have a lot of depth to replenish. Need a lot of picks.

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't see the Ravens trading up, WR is not a need and the Ravens have a lot of depth to replenish. Need a lot of picks.

I’m not saying we will anymore with the Bateman extension, but it absolutely is one of the team’s biggest needs.

Zay Flowers is a great option moving forward but had only 858 yds and 5 TDs. Rashod Bateman is our probable number two WR and if we extrapolate his career per game averages over a 17 game season than we’ve got him at 583.5 ypg and 2 TDs. Besides him you’ve got career journeyman Nelson Aghalor. I fail to see how WR is something that’s a need for this team.

I absolutely feel like WR is still a big time need. OT is a need as well, but I’m not a fan of any of the OL left outside of Fautanu. Everyone else would be a reach IMO.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m not saying we will anymore with the Bateman extension, but it absolutely is one of the team’s biggest needs.

Zay Flowers is a great option moving forward but had only 858 yds and 5 TDs. Rashod Bateman is our probable number two WR and if we extrapolate his career per game averages over a 17 game season than we’ve got him at 583.5 ypg and 2 TDs. Besides him you’ve got career journeyman Nelson Aghalor. I fail to see how WR is something that’s a need for this team.

I absolutely feel like WR is still a big time need. OT is a need as well, but I’m not a fan of any of the OL left outside of Fautanu. Everyone else would be a reach IMO.

Fair enough. I mean that we have 3 capable players WR who can function as 1 (Flowers) 2 (Bateman) and 3 (Ahgolor) along with two excellent receiving TEs.

On OL we have 3 out of 5 starting positions up in the air. I'm okay with taking a WR at their original pick, but I think they need all their picks and won't trade up in the 1st.

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Fair enough. I mean that we have 3 capable players WR who can function as 1 (Flowers) 2 (Bateman) and 3 (Ahgolor) along with two excellent receiving TEs.

On OL we have 3 out of 5 starting positions up in the air. I'm okay with taking a WR at their original pick, but I think they need all their picks and won't trade up in the 1st.

Thats true, but on our OL we’ve got Mekari who I would argue has performed better along the OL than what we’ve seen from Bateman.

Ben Cleveland played to the same level as Kevin Zeitler last season. So that leaves LG as a notable hole and with that we’ve got some options. It’s not an elite setup. But I’d say it’s of similar need as the WR position in terms of how proven the position is up and down.

…. and there goes my last OT left on the board that I’d have had the Ravens draft, Fautanu. I don’t see an upgrade at OT left in round 1 personally.

If we don’t trade up for a WR, I’m hoping we trade down and put ourselves in position to trade up and maximize the board on day two of the draft. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Probably looks like CB with Mckinstry or Wiggins at this point?

Just now, DreamKid said:

I think so, unless some crazy run on CB happens or they really love a lower ranked Tackle.

Agreed.

CB is probably the most likely scenario if we stay in at pick #30. Though with the way this draft has gone, it’s been very friendly to positional value over everything else.

So you’ve got to think there’s going to be a serious run on corner upcoming as well. I could actually see Kool Aid, Wiggins, Mitchell, and Arnold all evaporating before our pick.

A lot of teams upcoming that could use a corner and besides Brian Thomas Jr, corner seems like it has a lot of the best talents left in round 1.