1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9

McCarthy:  "Being able to stay in the Midwest, you know, I'm a Midwest guy who lives, breathes and eats hockey and football. It's just a perfect fit, and I can't wait to be a part of it. People want to be surrounded by the great talent that's obviously on the offense and the great offensive mind that Coach O'Connell is. It's a perfect destination for a quarterback that's up-and-coming in this league, and I'm just extremely blessed to be a part of it."

"To be a part of this system? I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm just extremely grateful to go through this process and meet so many great coaches, but to be honest, Coach O'Connell was the one who stuck out – and to be able to play for him for however many years to come, it's an ultimate blessing, and I can't wait to see where it goes."

Kwesi: "Learning an offense is not going to be a problem to him, that's for sure. Really just getting the reps under your belt. I think we have the environment to foster him. You know, Josh McCown, K.O., they've got Wes. All these guys, they've got a plan for him, down to the day, when he's gonna be working on specific things. We're not going to rush his development. We're just gonna do what's best for the Vikings in the short and long term, and we're excited to have him." 

vikings.com

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 4

Clayton Sayfie@CSayf23

Jim Harbaugh on J.J. McCarthy going to Minnesota Vikings: “That’s where he had his heart set, and I’m just so happy for him. Love him like a son, and I was praying and pulling for it to work out the way he wanted it to work out.”

• Like 3

Bradbury snaps to JJ, JJ hands it off to AJ...oh, my AJ pitches it back to JJ, who tosses it up to JJ...JJ catches it...JJ goes down...No, doesn't!, he pitches it back to TJ, who rolls into the endzone, Touchdown!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I have no idea if that's true, but why would you want to help a team in your conference at the expense of a team in the other conference?

Because like his good buddy Zim, he's petty and still holds a grudge against the Vikings.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Of course he was...

What an absolute moron!  Payton's career was made on the right arm of Drew Brees and an unethical defense that caused the GM, the DC, and Payton to be suspended for a year. The Broncos are likely to be sub 500 as long as he is the head coach.  But, other than that, I have no feelings about the matter!

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Of course he was...

The smile gives it away as pure BS.

And from a logic standpoint, it doesn’t make sense. If they truly wanted Nix over McCarthy, then the Vikings weren’t a threat to their plans. And Minnesota trading up one selection to take McCarthy, only gave another team, like the Raiders or Seahawks, an added chance to trade with New York again. 

• Like 2

Just now, SemperFeist said:

The smile gives it away as pure BS.

that, and that all the media hounds in the audience just sat there, saying nothing. Payton waited for them, then had to keep talking to try to convince them that much more.

you'd think from his BountyGate experiences he would have learned how to lie more convincingly.

• SemperFeist changed the title to 1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9