1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9

4 hours ago, Morlee said:

Anybody else annoyed by Mel Kiper stating again and again how McCarthy was overdrafted? Really took away from the moment tbh. 

McCarthy has consistently been in the top 5-10 of mock drafts for the last couple months. So I’m unsure how he was overdrafted. 

OT: I think we are all happy for the new QB. 

Who-In-The-Hell-Is-Mel-Kiper-01011467230

4 hours ago, Morlee said:

Anybody else annoyed by Mel Kiper stating again and again how McCarthy was overdrafted? Really took away from the moment tbh. 

McCarthy has consistently been in the top 5-10 of mock drafts for the last couple months. So I’m unsure how he was overdrafted. 

I'm simply annoyed by Mel Kiper period!  His voice, his hair, his arrogance!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

sure is. Tommy Kramer won't be pleased to see McCarthy wear it, as he was BIG on the Vikings going up for Maye.

Trishton Jackson wears 9.  The current numbers available for McCarthy are 1, 2, 8,  and 19.  I view McCarthy as a good guy to wear #2 as he could make it his own. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

SO initial reaction on the pick, I wanted Penix, clearly he wasn't there (only way Penix getting picked before us would have been funnier would have been if the Jets had taken him). But getting Penix at 10 with a minor move up to do so, I really like it. Let him sit a little bit if need be, but from what I can tell of personality wise, I'm sure he's going to try and hit the ground running on picking up the playbook.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

WASH fans are posting that according to Schefter if they couldn't get Daniels, then McCarthy was their #2 QB choice.

Odds are there was hardly a consensus on QB2-5 after Caleb Williams.  I'd imagine if you asked all 32 teams, there would have been several different orders.  Minnesota got their guy, and they didn't have to trade a ton to get him.

• Like 2

• SemperFeist changed the title to 1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9