1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9

it will be interesting to see how much playing time he'll get, and how soon it happens if he does play this season.  Me, personally, I want to see him pretty soon.  I've seen enough of Darnold to know he's no good.  I'd rather have the unknown with upside, than the known with no upside.  I also don't want to see his confidence get destroyed either though.  That's going to be the most interesting part of this season to me.  The rest of the team is essentially, same old, same old.  The Bama edge that they drafted didn't do much in all of the "vs Alabama" videos I watched last night on youtube, but I'm sure he'll make splash plays at times.  Jones at RB is an upgrade, if he's healthy (but he only averages about 800 yards and 6 TDs a season, but does so at 5 YPC).  OLBs were upgraded, but lost Hunter, so may be a bit of a wash.  

There will be a step back in passing from Cousins, but a step up from the scrubs that played after he got hurt, regardless of who the QB is.....even if it's Darnold.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

hmm, i just don't see that, at least right now before he's even taken a practice snap. i think he'd be starting "early" if he's starting by game 4. and it goes against what Kwesi/KOC said just a few days ago about JJ earning the starting role by reaching measurable benchmarks first.

he's barely 3 months past 21 years old, he has a lot to process and get used to, a lot to observe and acclimate internally and externally. a LOT!

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

With NIL, he might already have been [a millionaire]...🤣

J.J. McCarthy's NIL worth is a staggering $858K securing his position at No. 7 in the college football NIL rankings. His roster value is $734K and the combined value of his roster and NIL makes his annual $1.6 million. He has 428K followers combined from Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter. His latest addition includes a collaboration with Los Angeles-based yoga company Alo Yoga. Furthermore, he has established agreements with prominent names like Bose, The M Den, Essentia Water, and Dunkin. Beyond his business ventures, McCarthy's benevolent spirit shines through his 'JJ For the Kids Foundation,' supporting charitable causes in his community and beyond

He has committed to donating a portion of his earnings to charity with his McCarthy's 'JJ For the Kids Foundation where he collaborates with children's hospitals nationwide. He has also established this foundation to contribute to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor and Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago.

As McCarthy continues his inspiring journey both on and off the field, his strategic approach to NIL and his unwavering dedication to making a positive impact truly set him apart. The NIL landscape has transformed the college sports world, and J.J. McCarthy's success story in this arena exemplifies the potential for athletes to thrive beyond the field while contributing to noble causes.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/how-much-is-jj-mccarthys-nil-deal-worth

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

on JJ taking #9 for his jersey...

i approve, and maybe just maybe his career ends up being somewhere between Cousins and Tarkenton. at 8 and 10...

Just like we asked about Kirko...if JJ wins a SB for the Vikings, does he surpass Fran automatically?  🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Just like we asked about Kirko...if JJ wins a SB for the Vikings, does he surpass Fran automatically?  🤣

no, not in my eyes. Fran retired holding every major passing stat, that means he achieved the concept of being elite above his peers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

no, not in my eyes. Fran retired holding every major passing stat, that means he achieved the concept of being elite above his peers.

But if McCarthy wins a Super Bowl and retires holding every major passing stat?