1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9

Just now, swede700 said:

Agreed.  While teams aren't going to tell them everything, they're going to give out a lot of hints...and if you've been around the league for any amount of time, you have a general idea of what other teams like and will likely do.

Honestly it's nice that Kwesi has had a couple drafts to get his feet wet before this critical draft

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, babababa said:

Wanted Penix but McCarthy was my 2nd so I'm good. Shocked like everyone that the Falcons did that. I think McCarthy will have a lot of fans on the edge of their seats with his improv skills.

Yeah 100% agree with everything you said here. Penix would’ve been the best fit on our offense, but McCarthy’s play action ability and improvisation skills are special. I don’t think that he’ll play this year unless Darnold gets injured or has consecutive weeks of terrible play. I think that we got a smart QB who is going to continue to get better every year. Great pick by the Vikings. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i want to see McCarthy on video reacting to his pick being announced, or getting the phone call from KOC.

cookies to the guy who posts it first. or lutefisk, your choice.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i want to see McCarthy on video reacting to his pick being announced, or getting the phone call from KOC.

cookies to the guy who posts it first. or lutefisk, your choice.

Nobody actually wants Lutefisk old man….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

hey punk, be afraid of what i'd do to you with a lutefisk...

Unfortunately my grandmother's dead...and my aunt just did a few months ago...they were the last 2 in my family to actually like lutefisk.  🤣

24 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The selection of McCarthy marked the first time in NFL history five quarterbacks were selected in the first 10 picks of a draft.

NFL.com

Also the first time that the Vikings have drafted a QB in the top 10 in franchise history. That’s pretty wild. 

• Like 4

• SemperFeist changed the title to 1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9