2024 NFL Draft Thread

textaz03

4 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I'm sure there are at least 5 guys they wanted. Guyton Barton Cooper JPJ Newton all off the top of my head. But I'm sure there is a totally different OT in their head...

Morgan or Suamataia maybe

Watch they draft Guyton, cause Jerry loves his OU boys

Just now, TheStarStillShines said:

I liked the trade back to land an extra 3rd-round pick. A lot of players have similar grades at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if the Boys traded down again, especially if a run on WRs and CBs kicks off about now. 

I was thinking that too, maybe KC wants to move up 🤔 

I said all along. I don't like Guyton for 24 unless you trade back he isn't worth it. Guyton and a 3rd round pick is just fine. Guyton outright would not be. Kinda feel the same with Suamataia.

Both have too much to learn to be effective this year. Both have trouble anchoring in pass protection and have a lot to learn in using their hips. But both translate very well to strong players in the run game early on and have the movement that you can train for pass pro. I see both better at RT but could be LT with work. 

If that's the route they go, I'm content knowing they got them AND a 3rd round pick. I'd be sick thinking it was just flat out adding them.

@Tony7188

Was typing this before I saw your reply. Basically. I'd be on board now that they added a pick first. 

Edited by Dallas94Ware

Dallas did really well to pull off that trade. Board playing out really well for them.

I wouldn’t move out of the first entirely- maybe take another trade down with KC if they’re trying to come up for Worthy or Mitchell. Should land whomever they like best or whomever‘s left of Guyton, Barton, Kingsley and JPJ

I'm cool with moving out of round 1 entirely. I'm sure there's a team in the early to mid second range willing to give up next year's 1 and that 2nd this year to come get a corner or receiver.

Guyton and Suamataia are both so unpolished but promising you could prolly find them in the second round. And if not. Colson, Brooks, Cooper, Frazier...

3 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Barton to the Bucs

That stings. Most versatile and athletic OL in the draft. Could have decided in camp where to put him ..

Jpj still there though 

And I'm thinking more and more it's going to be Suamataia

Knowing Dallas and how they tend to draft guys no one expected at the end of r1...Suamataia makes sense 

Edited by Dallas94Ware

4 minutes ago, quiller said:

I would have loved Barton….  Don’t know as much about other OT options 

Exactly how I feel. Barton should’ve been the pick imo. We need a C. But we’ll see. Maybe JPJ is there