šŸˆ Pick #13 is in! Raiders select TE, Brock Bowers, Georgia

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It's wild seeing a TE have the ability to score regular TDs from handoffs/sweeps/reverses.

I hope we get weird with him and do the same, in the RZ especially.

This is where I'm skeptical with him. So much of his production came from leak outs and screens. I'm sure he'll have explosive plays here and there, but the best tight ends win by being the right mix of quick, fast, strong, long, and savvy. He'a more in the Jonnu Smith or Chig Okonkwo mold. His upside feels like Vernon Davis, but I'm not sure he's the same type of athlete.

20 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is where I'm skeptical with him. So much of his production came from leak outs and screens. I'm sure he'll have explosive plays here and there, but the best tight ends win by being the right mix of quick, fast, strong, long, and savvy. He'a more in the Jonnu Smith or Chig Okonkwo mold. His upside feels like Vernon Davis, but I'm not sure he's the same type of athlete.

His YAC ability is incredible. He is going to break a ton of tackles at the next level. He might not have the elite height and length but he is most certainly quick and fast enough. You'e making it sound like he can't run routes or make contested catches lol. He's done both.

You are way overthinking him.

Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

His YAC ability is incredible. He is going to break a ton of tackles at the next level. He might not have the elite height and length but he is most certainly quick and fast enough. You'e making it sound like he can't run routes or make contested catches lol. He's done both.

You are way overthinking him.

Ā 

He's a 13th overall pick tight end on a team with two starting caliber receiving tight ends. The expectations for him should be a perennial pro bowler, so I'm comparing him to what an elite tight end looks and plays like in the NFL. Based on my review, he's not great at making contested catches and he doesn't have great hands (despite making a couple nice one-handed catches).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He's a 13th overall pick tight end on a team with two starting caliber receiving tight ends. The expectations for him should be a perennial pro bowler, so I'm comparing him to what an elite tight end looks and plays like in the NFL. Based on my review, he's not great at making contested catches and he doesn't have great hands (despite making a couple nice one-handed catches).

Lol

• Like 1

Great check down option too, with his tax ability. Sometimes itā€™s as simple as getting it in the hands of your playmakers.Ā 
Ā 

I find it hilarious people always rant about reaching for need then complain when we go true BPA.Ā 
Ā 

I think it sets us up nicely for future drafts too because we arent going to be an easy target to jump because no one know who weā€™re targeting. Mayock would get jumped because heā€™d telegraph his picks by having huge holes and always drafting need.Ā 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

Great check down option too, with his tax ability. Sometimes itā€™s as simple as getting it in the hands of your playmakers.Ā 
Ā 

I find it hilarious people always rant about reaching for need then complain when we go true BPA.Ā 
Ā 

I think it sets us up nicely for future drafts too because we arent going to be an easy target to jump because no one know who weā€™re targeting. Mayock would get jumped because heā€™d telegraph his picks by having huge holes and always drafting need.Ā 

Fuaga wasnā€™t the bpa? That dude was a absolute brick wall

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Bowers is gonna open the field up for the entire team. Teams are not gonna be able to bracket coverage Adams much anymore

Unless he can stretch the field Imo itā€™s not gonna open up adams. We basically have wrā€™s and teā€™s that thrive in the 5-15 yrd range middle gonna be clogged up. Kinda like kc vs sf in the super bowl. Kelce ate while kittles was invisible. Imo due to qbs and offensive weapons. Kc had deep threats that allowed kelce to work underneath. Sf loves to play the 5-15 yrd game Imo. Aoc imo more like purdy than Pat in the arm strength department. Idk about Gardner. Only deep threat we have is tre.Ā 

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Unless he can stretch the field Imo itā€™s not gonna open up adams. We basically have wrā€™s and teā€™s that thrive in the 5-15 yrd range middle gonna be clogged up. Kinda like kc vs sf in the super bowl. Kelce ate while kittles was invisible. Imo due to qbs and offensive weapons. Kc had deep threats that allowed kelce to work underneath. Sf loves to play the 5-15 yrd game Imo. Aoc imo more like purdy than Pat in the arm strength department. Idk about Gardner. Only deep threat we have is tre.Ā 

Regardless someone will be matched up vs LB/S where weā€™ll have an advantage. Need Tre to take the top off to make it all go thoughĀ 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Guess weā€™ll see

Yea Iā€™m hoping for the best just this team has me so f-ing traumatized lol getting hyped off 1 rounders. Iā€™m sure we have a logical plan of action to ball tf out history just fulla pain esp the guys picked directly after our 1st round selections lol.Ā 

• Like 1