NFCN Rivals 2024

dll2000

Just now, beardown3231 said:

The photos of the car he was in on TMZ are absolutely crazy. It was hit at a high rate of speed by someone changing lanes but it looks like it was smashed by a car dropped above them somehow. 

Just saw them too, the car was a pancake....

Man that’s so lame. Dude busted his *** his whole life to make it to the league and it all gets taken away from him. Poor kid. Would’ve been fun to see an actual rivalry between him and Rome. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2024 at 9:03 PM, soulman said:

When is the first Bears vs Vikes game?  Jackson sound kinda impatient to get owned.  😁

Wow.....RIP Kyree Jackson.  This is horrible.  Sounds like another vehicle was 100% at fault.

• Like 1

I was on 355 last week during day and multiple cars were weaving in and out of traffic at 90+ MPH.  It was scary.  Scarier because traffic was fairly thick and many slow moving vehicles were on road.  

It is one thing to drive fairly fast in a straight line on a highway with light traffic, fast on left and slow on right.  

Quite another to weave in and around 3 lanes of thick traffic at a high rate of speed with trucks blocking visibility in all lanes.  Just asking for an accident.  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 10:10 PM, Ty21 said:

Man that’s so lame. Dude busted his *** his whole life to make it to the league and it all gets taken away from him. Poor kid. Would’ve been fun to see an actual rivalry between him and Rome. 

I went to a funeral last month.  Guy was in 40s.  I was just at his house for a party and he was telling me all about his retirement plans.  He had done very well for himself financially.  He died 3 days later suddenly at home.   He was in perfect health.  Thin and in shape.  

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was on 355 last week during day and multiple cars were weaving in and out of traffic at 90+ MPH.  It was scary.  Scarier because traffic was fairly thick and many slow moving vehicles were on road.  

It is one thing to drive fairly fast in a straight line on a highway with light traffic, fast on left and slow on right.  

Quite another to weave in and around 3 lanes of thick traffic at a high rate of speed with trucks blocking visibility in all lanes.  Just asking for an accident.  

I get this all the time out here as well.  The 50 mile stretch of I25 from the northern Denver suburbs to Ft Collins where I live has three lanes of traffic plus some express lanes in both directions.  The speed limit is 75 mph but much of the car traffic moves along in the far left lane at 80-85 mph since the CO State Patrol gives us a 10 mph leeway before they ticket for speeding.

I travel this stretch pretty regularly and invariably some people will use a lane to the right of me to pass often driving 20 mph or more faster.  It's incredibly dangerous because I'm not ordinarily looking to be passed on the right like than even when I'm in the middle lane.  And here's the deal.  Each time I read about an accident happening it's often just like this one involving the football players.  The driver of the speeding vehicle whose guilty of reckless driving usually survives while those in the vehicle hit hits don't.  Makes me angry.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soulman said:

I get this all the time out here as well.  The 50 mile stretch of I25 from the northern Denver suburbs to Ft Collins where I live has three lanes of traffic plus some express lanes in both directions.  The speed limit is 75 mph but much of the car traffic moves along in the far left lane at 80-85 mph since the CO State Patrol gives us a 10 mph leeway before they ticket for speeding.

I travel this stretch pretty regularly and invariably some people will use a lane to the right of me to pass often driving 20 mph or more faster.  It's incredibly dangerous because I'm not ordinarily looking to be passed on the right like than even when I'm in the middle lane.  And here's the deal.  Each time I read about an accident happening it's often just like this one involving the football players.  The driver of the speeding vehicle whose guilty of reckless driving usually survives while those in the vehicle hit hits don't.  Makes me angry.

ok but there's a buccees in that stretch of highway now, so lets call it a wash

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I passed some of those places.  Haven't been in one yet.   They are size of Walmart's, but gas stations.

People seem to love them.  Weird.

I always associate gas stations with grossness.  Can't shake it.  

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I passed some of those places.  Haven't been in one yet.   They are size of Walmart's, but gas stations.

Believe it or not, in the south and up and down the east coast you can get some really good food out of gas stations. It's really no different than going to neighborhood fastfood places. Some are clean and some not so much but both are usually pretty identifiable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

my brother in christ next time you see one just stop. trust me

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

my brother in christ next time you see one just stop. trust me

Yeah, lived in Texas for 10 years and Buccee's are the truth. The first time in one is an experience.

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

LOL.....yeah and I haven't even been there yet.  Shows how much of an attraction it is for me anyway.

It sure is nice to have the free express lanes to and from Berthoud though.

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Believe it or not, in the south and up and down the east coast you can get some really good food out of gas stations. It's really no different than going to neighborhood fastfood places. Some are clean and some not so much but both are usually pretty identifiable.

Louisiana had some great ones and their seafood was so fresh there. Never thought I'd buy raw shrimp or fish from a gas station but they were delicious.

If I would buy seafood from a gas station in IL I would just plan on food poisoning being my primary distraction the next two days.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 4:34 PM, beardown3231 said:

The photos of the car he was in on TMZ are absolutely crazy. It was hit at a high rate of speed by someone changing lanes but it looks like it was smashed by a car dropped above them somehow. 

car-khyree-jackson.jpg

Edited by vike daddy