2024 Draft Rounds 2-7

I'm okay with the day 2 draft but i would have prefer to draft NEwton instead of Fiske. Newton reminds me a lot of Donald. I'm wondering if Snead was ranking higher Newton than Fiske ? 

For Corum, it makes sense to draft a replacement for Williams if he gets hurt. 

For Kinchens, i mean you have to see what he did on the field, the report and the combine doesn't mean anything. 

It sucks that we don't have a pick in the 4th...

I'm not expecting too much today...

I think the Rams are crushing it. You can complain about the price to trade up for Fiske that's fine but we've added 4 players at positions of need and they're all the dog type players the Rams love. 

Would love my guy Ainias Smith today it's a WR we need and a big return man as well. We might add a kicker and we could use an ILB and another DT IMO. 

• Like 1

The Rams killed it with all their picks.

I loved the Corum pick bc he is similar to Kyren. We know that the Rams offense wasnt the same when Kyren got hurt and missed 5 games. Now you have Corum who if Kyren gets hurt or even have to take less carries to stay fresh and healthy that the Rams offense wont miss a beat.

I love the Kinchens pick bc as someone said on twitter he should remind people of OJ Atogwe. He is rangy and can make plays all over the field. He is a turnover machine. We know the Rams desperately need guys on defense that can take the ball away. Kinchens did something in Miami that only Ed Reed and Sean Taylor did. Two HOF legends. Thats get a ton of interceptions. But he can also make plays at the line of scrimmage with tackles and even get after the QB on blitz. The only reason why he fell was bc he poorly tested at the combine. Think of how many steals the Rams grabbed later in the draft due to poorly tested at the combine? Kinchens will be added to the list. So now with Williams, Kurl, Kinchens, and White in the secondary with the front of Jones, Young, Verse, Fiske, Turner, and Brown. Like the Rams defense post Donald has a chance to grow and be special for many many years to come to go along with an already great offense.

• Like 1

The only thing that bother me a little bit is that in a strong draft with OL, we didn't took one. And the chance to take a good OL in 5/6/7 th are slim.

But in the need, i think we have to find our kicker, our punt/kick returner !! and depht for other position. I don't think we can find someting valuable at LB but at CB why not. 

I love the draft so far. Little bummed we won’t have JT Sanders as I think we need big time help at TE with higbie out a while but I’m thrilled regardless. 

1. Verse - at first I was really getting my hopes up that Dallas would keep slipping and we’d get him so initially I liked this pick thought we could have been a little more aggressive to get Dallas or Bowers. Seems we got a stud here though. 

2. Fiske - Honestly don’t know a ton about him but from everything I’ve seen and read since drafting him, I’m happy we got our guy. It was a hefty price to pay but you have to get your guy and that was clearly who they wanted out of anyone in round 2. 

3. Corum - love it. Not having to change run styles because of injury or rest during games is a plus imo. He’s so similar to Kyren but I’d argue he’s a bit faster. Thought we’d get someone like Lloyd but happy with this. 

4. Kinchens - Didn’t know too much here either but knew he was a top 2-3 safety in the draft. Love that the Rams don’t value the testing so much and go off the game film to determine their athleticism. It’s worked many times for us and I think this will be another. His film looks very good and definitely doesn’t look like a 4.65 40 out there. 

hoping to finish today with at least 1 WR, 1 OL, 1 Kicker, and then just BPA maybe? Corner? 

Really am hoping they don’t draft any corners and trade for someone like Lattimore if he’s on the block now. 

• Like 1

Agreed we needed a backup RB and I love Corum, but to make that choice in the top 100 is a head scratcher.

I love Fiske. Price was steep but shows you what they think of next year. This defense looks entirely different on paper and Im excited for it. It's crazy talented but young with a young FC.

Fiske/Turner/Verse/ Ernest Jones/ Young/White/Williams/Curl/Kinchens/ Yeast/Durant/ Tomlinson

Pretty nuts. Might need a vet or two from camp cuts but that defense will make plays.

I want to see a LB (no more Rozenboom boom or Hoecht covering TE's and RBs please god). WR. Kicker. And maybe OL/CB with high upside. 

6 hours ago, Flounch said:

I'm okay with the day 2 draft but i would have prefer to draft NEwton instead of Fiske. Newton reminds me a lot of Donald. I'm wondering if Snead was ranking higher Newton than Fiske ? 

For Corum, it makes sense to draft a replacement for Williams if he gets hurt. 

For Kinchens, i mean you have to see what he did on the field, the report and the combine doesn't mean anything. 

It sucks that we don't have a pick in the 4th...

I'm not expecting too much today...

Problem is, this wasn't really a great LB class past the top 3 (and even then WIlson's knee was a concern on one of those three).  Lots of definite backups, but lacking upside guys.  I feel like if we're finding LB value it's in a guy similar to Ernest who is a undersized edge guy the team projects to move to LB.  Gabriel Murphy or Javon Solomon, maybe?  Otherwise, maybe James Williams and have him embrace the shift from safety to LB, but he needs coaching so that he doesn't look like a chicken with his head cut off in traffic in the flats.

• Like 1

I can't imagine McVay's going to let them go an entire draft and not get only one offensive player - unless they hogtied McVay and locked him in the pool house of the draft house with a case of water and a box of protein bars.

Edited by Dr LBC

So, Verse, Fiske, and now Brennan Jackson - the theme of this draft in the wake of AD's retirement was clearly MOTOR.  Jackson is a mesh-point demon and REALLY good run-defender.  This could very well be a bigger version of Ernest.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Malik Washington was there...ugh, now they're pissing me off.

If Kupp went down, Washington wasn't going to usurp Robinson was WR2 - since I know that's your logic in wanting a WR.  There isn't a WR prospect on the board that I can see that was going to do that.  Washington would have had value in the return game for us, but he would have been a Tutu replacement (when we still have Tutu) at best.  With what remains of the crop right now, I'd trust Tyler Johnson to push Robinson more for that detail, if Coop goes down, than anyone on the board.  I just want Brendan Rice to troll the crap out of the Niners.

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I’m loving this draft so far. We needed to retool the defense in the worst way, and it looks like we’re putting together a unit that’ll last for a few years. 

Yeah this has been a very good draft for us IMO as well. Youth infused back in the front 7 with lots of the Dogs type of players the Rams love. Also Corum was a great pick since he's similar to KW and we've seen McVay rebuild the OL I think we see a lot of him as a rookie even with KW still getting his touches. 

• Like 1