๐Ÿˆ Pick #44 is in! Raiders select G, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Best interior OL in the class, interested to see if he's at OG or C here long term but we now have two cornerstone's on the interior between JPJ/Parham.

I would imagine they start him at RG as I read they phoned James to let him know heโ€™s still playing OC. I would think Whitehair has the versatility to backup all IOL spots so that seems logical.ย 

JPJ and Bowers aren't even that far removed from their 21st birthdays...Both won awards for being the best at their positions at a young age compared to their peers and will still be young when we need to pay them for being the best at their positions in a few years. Building a team one step at a time...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Best interior OL in the class, interested to see if he's at OG or C here long term but we now have two cornerstone's on the interior between JPJ/Parham.

I thought you said Parham was average ? Now he is a cornerstone?ย 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Dane Brugler mentioned during the draft that JPJ had some concerns about his white board knowledge that Center might not be in the cards at NFL level. Kid is just a brute I love it lmao

2 hours ago, G said:

JPJ and Bowers aren't even that far removed from their 21st birthdays...Both won awards for being the best at their positions at a young age compared to their peers and will still be young when we need to pay them for being the best at their positions in a few years. Building a team one step at a time...

It's really nice that they're so young, they should be able to reasonably get even better plus if they do pan out they could be with the team for a good 10 to 12 years at their positions injuries permitting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I think Dane Brugler mentioned during the draft that JPJ had some concerns about his white board knowledge that Center might not be in the cards at NFL level. Kid is just a brute I love it lmao

James is half decent but could we possibly end up with Glaze and JPJ at OG and Parham at OC? Probably not, but at least we seem to have a bit of versatility all across the line now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Darbsk said:

James is half decent but could we possibly end up with Glaze and JPJ at OG and Parham at OC? Probably not, but at least we seem to have a bit of versatility all across the line now.

Or Parham - JPJ - Glaze? Like you say, there are options depending on how the youngsters develop

• Like 1