🏈 Pick #44 is in! Raiders select G, Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Or Parham - JPJ - Glaze? Like you say, there are options depending on how the youngsters develop

I love taking interior OL in rounds 2-4. Most of the time they are legit day one starters and hugely underappreciated. 

Still can't believe we got JPJ in the mid-second.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Crickets 🦗 lol

why no debates in here?

lol

its so rare when the whole board is not divided about a player lol

I think you can potentially make a case for player A or player B instead but realistically, I don’t think you could argue that JPJ wasn’t among the best players available, a good value pick and at a position of need too. Rare that a pick ticks all those boxes!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you can potentially make a case for player A or player B instead but realistically, I don’t think you could argue that JPJ wasn’t among the best players available, a good value pick and at a position of need too. Rare that a pick ticks all those boxes!

Very true

23 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oh yea good call

On 5/4/2024 at 5:58 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Moehrig?

Agreed, I think we all loved the Moehrig pick when it was made. 

JPJ just feels like an entirely other level of need meeting BPA.  To go from Meredith or Whitehair to that monster…

I think this is my  favorite Raider pick of all time. I’ll be so disappointed if this one doesn’t work out for us. 

10 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I wanted Owusu-Koramoah for what it's worth. Never saw Moehrig as more than just a guy. He's slowly developed, but he's not above replacement level for me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 101Raider said:

JPJ just feels like an entirely other level of need meeting BPA.  To go from Meredith or Whitehair to that monster…

I think this is my  favorite Raider pick of all time. I’ll be so disappointed if this one doesn’t work out for us. 

Moehrig was fine value in the second, but many posters wanted him in the first thinking he was an Earl Thomas-like center fielder. He's a fine 2-high safety, which is what he was at TCU. Funnily enough, the 2021 draft would have been one of the best Raiders drafts if the Raiders took Darrisaw (like they were supposed to) instead of Leatherwood. There could have been 5 starters between Darrisaw, Moehrig, Koonce, Deablo, and Hobbs. I also really liked Gillespie and thought he was a better single-high safety prospect than Moehrig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Moehrig was fine value in the second, but many posters wanted him in the first thinking he was an Earl Thomas-like center fielder. He's a fine 2-high safety, which is what he was at TCU. Funnily enough, the 2021 draft would have been one of the best Raiders drafts if the Raiders took Darrisaw (like they were supposed to) instead of Leatherwood. There could have been 5 starters between Darrisaw, Moehrig, Koonce, Deablo, and Hobbs. I also really liked Gillespie and thought he was a better single-high safety prospect than Moehrig.

Exactly I was also high on Tevin Jenkins once it was obvious we going OT, because of the talk of Darrishaw only wanting to play LT. 

But my original mock I wanted Moehrig in the 1st, and had us taking Sam Cosmi in the 2nd. So still would have had two good players instead of the bust.

17 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think give him time to transition from Center to Guard. If he starts slow, it’s because he’s learning a new position 

With all his hype coming out, he better produce like Jason Kelce to justify this pick. 

Am I doing it right?

• Like 2