Draft Day 3

JetsandI

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

As a safety?

Yeah, I think he converts. They turned Adams from college CB to Safety. Turned MC2 from Safety to Nickel. I think they do the switch with him, his skill set makes sense there with the way this team is built. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah, I think he converts. They turned Adams from college CB to Safety. Turned MC2 from Safety to Nickel. I think they do the switch with him, his skill set makes sense there with the way this team is built. 

Interesting.  I still think he can stay at CB.  Whatever works the best for team.

Edited by JetsandI

i want to believe in joe douglas but this third day of the draft was head scratching odd. two RBs who have exact same traits makes zero sense. our trade downs were horrible. i just don’t understand how this regime is trying to build depth here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

i want to believe in joe douglas but this third day of the draft was head scratching odd. two RBs who have exact same traits makes zero sense. our trade downs were horrible. i just don’t understand how this regime is trying to build depth here. 

There were some head scratching moves. Most notably trading back from the fourth round.  However, the draft should be graded on the first 2 days of picks not the third day most of whom won’t ever see the field.

The second RB pick is confusing but like other have said, he might be a Boyer pick.

I also think we are all a bit befuddled because we have not had a draft where there was no obvious starting need to be filled. JD took care of that in FA.

Overall I liked the draft even with some of the day three questionable trades. Now let’s see how UDFA pan out. I expect at least one to make the 53. 

Edited by xrade

17 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Cant believe Leonard taylor as an udfa. 

Not living up to his potential during NCAA could do that.  Nonetheless, he is cheap to develop so it is all good for Jets. lol

Overall, I think Jets management killed this draft! Yeah, I probably would not have drafted two running backs. I thought they'd bring in a veteran to compete with the two young guys but instead it will be three young guys for (likely) two roster spots. I have no issue with that. Otherwise, no complaints at all. We drafted players at positions I wanted. If we were going to double-down on any one position, I would have thought it'd be WR. But it is all good. I also like the two UDFAs. Brings a little bit more depth to the defense. And the Franklin-Myers trade was also good because I suspect he was a likely a release candidate later on this summer. Franklin-Myers was a very good Jet. He deserves a ton of credit for becoming a fixture along that defensive line. But after we acquired Reddick, this move felt inevitable. 

So, I am stoked. I think we checked off all of the boxes we needed to check. This off-season has been a resounding success. Now, the hard part begins!

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 10:27 AM, jetfan8178 said:

Cant believe Leonard taylor as an udfa. 

Attitude amd not staying in shape will do this. If he has the attitude and not being in shape with the Jets he may be out the league in 1 year. I do think he will change because he is no longer around kids. He is around grown men that will teach him how to be a grown man or you can leave. 

Overall for me I think this draft is great. JD did some great moves. He rolled over some picks for next year which I love. He filled the 2 big holes with guys that can start if they NEED to. We got a great QB to work with and a DT in Taylor who should have been a 1st round pick if he would have stayed in shape and dropped the attitude. I give this draft a solid B+.