The Bears-Offense

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I see you failed to mention Cade McNown. Shame on you sir.

Another name from the Mikey McCaskey era best forgotten and mentioned to quote the raven......nevermore.

Please note I also skipped Rick Mirer as well.  😁

5 hours ago, soulman said:

Another name from the Mikey McCaskey era best forgotten and mentioned to quote the raven......nevermore.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit… 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit… 

Yup, and those two were back to back mistakes both costing us 1st round picks.  When you throw in Grossman, Mitch, and Fields that's five 1st round picks used on QBs who failed to become solid NFL starters.  We could go back even farther but the bottom line is that historically we've sucked at drafting top QB talent.

20 minutes ago, soulman said:

Yup, and those two were back to back mistakes both costing us 1st round picks.  When you throw in Grossman, Mitch, and Fields that's five 1st round picks used on QBs who failed to become solid NFL starters.  We could go back even farther but the bottom line is that historically we've sucked at drafting top QB talent.

To be fair, only Mitch was the top QB taken in his respective class. McNown was 5th, Rex was 4th and Fields was 4th. The success rates for the QBs taken 4th or 5th in their class is notably lower than the top guy, often times because those picks are forced picks on need rather than based on overall talent. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, soulman said:

We traded a first for him, LOL.  Even at time and being very young I was like WTH?!?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

To be fair, only Mitch was the top QB taken in his respective class. McNown was 5th, Rex was 4th and Fields was 4th. The success rates for the QBs taken 4th or 5th in their class is notably lower than the top guy, often times because those picks are forced picks on need rather than based on overall talent. 

Well when they took Cedric Benson they passed on the near consensus 1st overall pick in Rodgers to pick the 3rd overall RB in the class.  lol

I know Grossman was picked just 2 years earlier but he couldn't stand out from a crowd of misfit castaway QBs and was throwing like 55% completion with a 3/4 TD/INT ratio. Lovie had him for 2004 and should have been pretty clear to see he wasn't "the guy" unless they thought they were going to run and defend their way to the Super Bowl like the Dilfer led Ravens. IIRC they only even met with him once pre-draft too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

We traded a first for him, LOL.  Even at time and being very young I was like WTH?!?

Yeah, we did so I see him as being acquired in lieu of drafting a 1st round QB and because Mirer was a 1st round pick.  Major error on the Bears part but by then we should've gotten used to them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

first jersey i ever owned. but i'm sure 90% of bears fans are ashamed of their first jersey

I’m pretty happy with 34 being my first.  Now am i happy with grossman and cutler as my next two???

…..you’re effin right i am.

11 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I’m pretty happy with 34 being my first.  Now am i happy with grossman and cutler as my next two???

…..you’re effin right i am.

I got my Urlacher jersey new and all others have either been second hand or knockoffs. Wife wears her Hester jersey a lot. She has a Cutler back up.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I got my Urlacher jersey new and all others have either been second hand or knockoffs. Wife wears her Hester jersey a lot. She has a Cutler back up.

My first Bears jersey was Cutler's.  The only other ones I got are Trubisky, Mack, and Field.

Mack was a stud in Chicago, Trubisky was my first QB, and Fields was the first QB drafted when I became a Bears fan.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Back to back Urlacher jerseys for me when they switched from Rebook to Nike and now hoodies.

I have Urlacher in white, navy and orange. Hester SB jersey. Cutler navy. Mack navy alternate. Don’t wear em any more though - hoodies and t-shirts. 

• Like 1