6.177 - Walter Rouse, OT, Oklahoma - #78

During Rouse's freshman season at Stanford in 2019, he played in 12 games while making 11 starts. During the covid shortened 2020 season, Rouse would start all six games for the Cardinal. In 2021, Rouse would play in and start all 12 games for Stanford. During the 2022 season, Rouse played in and started ten games for the Cardinal. For his performance on the 2022 season, Rouse earned honorable mention all Pac-12 honors.

During Rouse's career at Stanford, he played in 40 games while making 39 starts.

Rouse initially decided to transfer to play for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. However, Rouse decided to flip his commitment to play for the Oklahoma Sooners. During the 2023 season, Rouse played in and started all 12 games for the Sooners, where for his performance he was named Big-12 honorable mention. After the conclusion of the 2023 season, Rouse declared for the 2024 NFL draft.

wiki

36 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Is he any relation to Curtis "Boom-Boom" Rouse?

Rouse is the grandson of former NBA player Vic Rouse, who is most famous for hitting the game-winning shot as time expired in the overtime period of the 1963 NCAA championship game.

wiki

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Who said that he’s transitioning to guard? I think that we drafted him to be the backup LT. I guess that the coaching staff is really convinced that Blake Brandel can be the starting Left Guard. Maybe they’ve seen some things in practice. Brandel used to be the swing tackle now I think that Rouse will be that guy, along with Quessenberry. 

I don’t think anyone was saying that, I was stating the fact that he would be. I think there is a good portion of people that think guard is a position of need. Plenty of people don’t know who this guy is, and we’ve seen many tackles convert to guard.

• Like 1

Love his build, good developmental player that can provide some much needed depth.  Has the lower base to be a guard and curious if they move him but really he could play LT or RT.  Sure is not as big as his teammate Guyton but was just as good at times last year and had a far better more consistent career than Guyton who has only really started this past season for any college team, and Guyton's career started in 2020, Rouse's started in 2019 but at least he played a hell of a lot more and has way more experience.

Solid pickup, I thought Rouse would go in the 4th or 5th round.    

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Hopefully Brandel turns into our next longtime backup to starter and Rouse turns into our next Brandel.

I think Rouse is probably more like Udoh, but hopefully the long term answer at RT in a couple years. 

• Like 1

• VikeManDan changed the title to 6.177 - Walter Rouse, OT, Oklahoma - #78