2024 NFL DRAFT: UDFA Tracker

GW21

2 minutes ago, Gravity said:

when i asked my giants buddy if feliano was in charge of line calls he said "Probably. OC Mike Kafka has said that the center is responsible for that in this system. Would make sense too with how many issues we had with a rookie center"

Nice, good to know!

16 minutes ago, GW21 said:

NGL. The more I watch Schrader the more impressed I am. I would not be surprised if he was our pre-season superstar.

I will say, one of the worst athletic profiles I've seen from a runningback 😂 

If he succeeds, it'll be because he refuses to be denied

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Ouch 

Not really a here and now discussion but one of the reasons that the talk of NIL is the death of college football is a little overblown in my opinion, it should help some very good college players (if borderline NFL guys) stay longer.  On the NFL side I think we are going to see some more older prospects more frequently just due to guys getting compensated in the collegiate leagues. Did we draft anyone under 22 this weekend? Seemed like most of our guys were even older than that, though Covid was obvioiusly a factor in that too. 

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Not really a here and now discussion but one of the reasons that the talk of NIL is the death of college football is a little overblown in my opinion, it should help some very good college players (if borderline NFL guys) stay longer.  On the NFL side I think we are going to see some more older prospects more frequently just due to guys getting compensated in the collegiate leagues. Did we draft anyone under 22 this weekend? Seemed like most of our guys were even older than that, though Covid was obvioiusly a factor in that too. 

Mustapha won't be 22 until June. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I will say, one of the worst athletic profiles I've seen from a runningback 😂 

If he succeeds, it'll be because he refuses to be denied

Oh for sure. I mentioned it before; he kind of reminds me of Rex Burkhead. If he makes it in the NFL I would expect his role to be similar. 

• Like 1

Something interesting I'm noticing as I've been digging into our rookie class is that we've exclusively targeted high-end lateral movers along the interior of the OL.

• Puni, OG - 98th percentile shuttle
  • Kingston, OC - 97th percentile shuttle
  • Nugent, OC - 95th percentile shuttle
  • Mays, OC - 94th percentile shuttle

All four of these guys have an elite RAS rating for their agility numbers. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Something interesting I'm noticing as I've been digging into our rookie class is that we've exclusively targeted high-end lateral movers along the interior of the OL.

• Puni, OG - 98th percentile shuttle
  • Kingston, OC - 97th percentile shuttle
  • Nugent, OC - 95th percentile shuttle
  • Mays, OC - 94th percentile shuttle

All four of these guys have an elite RAS rating for their agility numbers. 

First thing that jumped out at me with Kingston...

10 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

First thing that jumped out at me with Kingston...

I will say that all of our picks have more of a data darlings slant than I am used to for our selections.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, JIllg said:

I will say that all of our picks have more of a data darlings slant than I am used to for our selections.

I wonder if that has anything to do with Peters being gone. Last year's draft was a RAS nightmare. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with Peters being gone. Last year's draft was a RAS nightmare. 

Wasn't the case for the Commanders draft class this year though. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This might be the most exciting UDFA class I can remember. Really excited about Pline, Schrader, Nugent, and Anderson.   If Pline can learn to block, I think he makes the team - they are ridiculously desperate for a TE.  On film I see an OK route runner who is slow as hell, but he's so damn big and knows how to use his body so well, Brock can just chuck it up to this guy and it's a win. We haven't had a target like this since Owens and Slowkes.

I think the Niners scouting did an excellent job researching these guys, and you can definitely see the vision. 

edit: oh yeah, we did have Moss that one year but Harbaugh never used him lol. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

This might be the most exciting UDFA class I can remember. Really excited about Pline, Schrader, Nugent, and Anderson.   If Pline can learn to block, I think he makes the team - they are ridiculously desperate for a TE.  On film I see an OK route runner who is slow as hell, but he's so damn big and knows how to use his body so well, Brock can just chuck it up to this guy and it's a win. We haven't had a target like this since Owens and Slowkes.

I think the Niners scouting did an excellent job researching these guys, and you can definitely see the vision. 

edit: oh yeah, we did have Moss that one year but Harbaugh never used him lol. 

Personally, I was more excited about our last two classes of UDFAs than I am with this years.

I like Nugent, and people seem high on Evan Anderson, but in the little I’ve watched him, he just seems like a big body. 

I hope I’m wrong.

in barrows the athletic article from a couple of days ago he said it had been raining and field soggy when TE Pline did his pro day; so maybe his 40 yard dash could have been faster