53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

The one I was thinking about was Jerron McMillon but he actually played in some games. 

Just going down the list of 4th round picks (or earlier) that didn't get 1+ years in Green Bay:

2006: Cory Rodgers (released before RS)
2013: Johnathan Franklin (released after 1 year, career-ending injury)
2014: Khyri Thornton (released before RS)
2017: Vince Biegel (released before RS)
2018: J'Mon Moore (released before RS)

I believe that's everyone there.  Colby Wooden played in nearly 23% of the defensive snaps last year.  Biegel only played in 11% of the defensive snaps that year.  I'm not going to say never, but it seems unlikely.

• Like 1

Is it possible that Clifford and Pratt both get put on the practice squad? And then one gets activated for the first three games and then the other for the next three? And by the seventh game, someone will have been hurt and they can just put them on the 53 man roster?

13 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

Is it possible that Clifford and Pratt both get put on the practice squad? And then one gets activated for the first three games and then the other for the next three? And by the seventh game, someone will have been hurt and they can just put them on the 53 man roster?

I assume it's within the rules, but I'd put the odds of it happening that way at just a little over 0.0%

One of them will be on the 53 as QB2

1 hour ago, James Lofton said:

Like Maz said, it should be legal.  But the last thing you want is your QB being poached before gameday when they've likely been the room for game planning.  Imagine on the Thursday or Friday before the game, the Eagles sign Pratt/Clifford to their 53 man roster.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Like Maz said, it should be legal.  But the last thing you want is your QB being poached before gameday when they've likely been the room for game planning.  Imagine on the Thursday or Friday before the game, the Eagles sign Pratt/Clifford to their 53 man roster.

Just explain to them when they get cut the following Monday, they won't be coming back if they go. 

It's not as if teams don't have quarterbacks on the practice squad. 

The league should actually address this though. You can claim a guy, but if it a guy form a team you are playing this week, the guy can't join your team until after the game and you can't communicate with them. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The one I was thinking about was Jerron McMillon but he actually played in some games. 

I had high hopes for McMillian. Not for any particular reason, just a camp crush. He had solid athleticism at a position of need so I figured he could step in and take a starting spot. He could not. Then the Pack entered a long period of wandering in the wilderness trying to find a credible solution at safety. Still have to see the young guys play but we are in a much different spot today. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just going down the list of 4th round picks (or earlier) that didn't get 1+ years in Green Bay:

2006: Cory Rodgers (released before RS)
2013: Johnathan Franklin (released after 1 year, career-ending injury)
2014: Khyri Thornton (released before RS)
2017: Vince Biegel (released before RS)
2018: J'Mon Moore (released before RS)

I believe that's everyone there.  Colby Wooden played in nearly 23% of the defensive snaps last year.  Biegel only played in 11% of the defensive snaps that year.  I'm not going to say never, but it seems unlikely.

J'Mon was here for a year.  He got cut year two.

On 8/17/2024 at 4:46 PM, James Lofton said:

That would be extremely risky. If I'm other teams, I'm claiming them just to screw the Packers over.