53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

I might be over thinking this, but I think they are keeping 3 QBs on the 53 to start the season. Very doubtful that Willis will be ready to run the offense in an emergency situation in a week plus of time. 

Just now, R T said:

I might be over thinking this, but I think they are keeping 3 QBs on the 53 to start the season. Very doubtful that Willis will be ready to run the offense in an emergency situation in a week plus of time. 

PS and game day elevation.  That one seems pretty easy.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

PS and game day elevation.  That one seems pretty easy.

Not sure they would want to risk the #2 for opening night to waivers, but we will see in less than 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

Not sure they would want to risk the #2 for opening night to waivers, but we will see in less than 24 hours. 

Somehow I very much doubt that Clifford AND Pratt will go claimed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Somehow I very much doubt that Clifford AND Pratt will go claimed.

You're assuming the Packers see them as equals, they very well may view one as the clear choice over the other for the role.

1 hour ago, R T said:

I agree.  Sucks but think we'll have to.  Think they want to keep Pratt to develop him.  Not sure they would be willing to risk him clearing waivers.  Cwood thinks he'll clear and is probably right but it is a risk.  Kid has some legit arm talent.  Good mobility too.  

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

I agree.  Sucks but think we'll have to.  Think they want to keep Pratt to develop him.  Not sure they would be willing to risk him clearing waivers.  Cwood thinks he'll clear and is probably right but it is a risk.  Kid has some legit arm talent.  Good mobility too.  

If Gute (and by extension LaFleur) felt the need to trade for Malik Willis, that should tell you enough about what they think of Pratt.

A number of long snappers around the league has been released.

Zach Triner (Tampa) ex-Packer, was their LS last 5 years.

Scott Daly (Detroit) was their LS for 3 years

The vested veteran guaranteed contracts might be causing teams to look for cheaper options. In our case Orzech is a vested veteran and if he's on the roster in week 1 his entire base salary is guaranteed. There's a chance we might cut him too.

Might be an opportunity for us to upgrade (and save money too)

FYI Cameron Cheeseman is still a street free agent lol!

Take with a pinch of salt, i'm familiar with this guy from the draft process and his sources are always from online articles and tweets. He never credit the sources in order to make him look like he has insider info.

In this case I believe he got this info from Packers beat writer Demovsky's article.

The expectation is that rookie third-round pick MarShawn Lloyd (hamstring) begins the season on injured reserve

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/40964632/green-bay-packers-final-53-man-roster-projection-2024

Demovsky also says

There's a feeling internally that the No. 3 tackle (who could fill in on either side) is not currently on the roster

Interesting.... but still not sure why the Packers are messing around. The answer is clearly Morgan. So YES we do have a swing tackle on the roster. Just move him to swing tackle and try to find another guard, that should be easier than trying to find another tackle.

Edited by Chili

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If Gute (and by extension LaFleur) felt the need to trade for Malik Willis, that should tell you enough about what they think of Pratt.

I'd agree .. Clifford and Pratt are getting released.  I think they would look to bring Pratt onto the PS.  They probably would like a longer look at him. Clifford is probably as good as gone. He took a big step back this year and he was marginal coming into the league according to most.  

On 8/25/2024 at 3:10 PM, packfanfb said:

I know it's not his decision but LaFleur's comment that "we'll see what happens around the league" when asked about QB 2 and K is as telling as it gets. He thinks those guys aren't currently on the roster. 

So, who is the kicker we go get since 1/2 of your prediction has come true. 

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The nugget that the Packers may be shopping for a swing OT is interesting. See what happens tomorrow.

We’ve brought in several of those journeymen over the years. Mostly they showed why they weren’t on a roster but some got us out of some tough spots over a stretch of games. 

Why would anyone inside the GB front office tell Demovsky the Packers don't feel like they have a viable No. 3 tackle?  It doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: I guess it could simply have been a suggestion that the backup plan will be different for LT/RT rather than having one guy backing up both spots.

Edited by Mazrimiv