53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

I don't see him clearing waivers, sadly. 

Don't like this cut at all.  The kid was good on specials and played some pass defense.   From our LB crew that was a pretty welcome change.   He belongs in the NFL.

• Like 2

didnt expect Pratt cut.  Perfect practice squad QB.  I dont think he gets claimed so thats a great spot to stash him.  I still have hopes he can be developed, though.  Hes got plenty of the tools you cant teach, and we are very good at cultivating QB talent over time.  Maybe he makes the 53 next year (or is PS again who knows)

• Like 1

WR Samori Toure, per Adam Schefter
WR Jalen Wayne per Tom Pelissero
WR Julian Hicks, per Bill Huber
WR Dimitri Stanley per Aaron Wilson
OT Caleb Jones, per Matt Schneidman
OL Luke Tenuta per Bill Huber
K Anders Carlson per Tom Pelissero
TE Joel Wilson per Bill Huber
TE Messiah Swinson, per Ryan Wood
RB Nate McCrary, per Ryan Wood
LB Chris Russell per Ryan Wood
LB Kristian Welch per Bill Huber
DE Deslin Alexandre per Matt Schneidmann
QB Sean Clifford per Ian Rappoprt
QB Michael Pratt per Tom Pelissero

3 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

didnt expect Pratt cut.  Perfect practice squad QB.  I dont think he gets claimed so thats a great spot to stash him.  I still have hopes he can be developed, though.  Hes got plenty of the tools you cant teach, and we are very good at cultivating QB talent over time.  Maybe he makes the 53 next year (or is PS again who knows)

The NFLPA killed the idea of rostering a 3rd QB.  I was pretty sure that both Clifford and Pratt were gone after the Willis trade.

2 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

I thought it would be one or the other, and the other guy on the PS.  You would like to continue to develop the guys you have already started working with.  But, let's be real here.  If a different team signs Pratt (or Clifford for that matter) we aren't missing out on anything this season.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I thought it would be one or the other, and the other guy on the PS.  You would like to continue to develop the guys you have already started working with.  But, let's be real here.  If a different team signs Pratt (or Clifford for that matter) we aren't missing out on anything this season.  

Oh Im not sweating it at all.  This is a pure luxury first world problem situation.  

• Like 1

Huber's story just now:

While the plan, obviously, is for Willis to eventually serve as Jordan Love’s backup, the Packers hope to bring back Clifford to the practice squad, a source said.

With such a short turnaround between the trade and the Week 1 game against the Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil on Sept. 6, there’s a good chance that Clifford will be elevated from the practice squad to be the No. 2 quarterback until Willis has a firm grasp of the playbook.

Oh wow.......okay that surprises me a bit (again in a first world problem sort of way).

Big Red Dog must be a real "vibes" guy in that locker room if thats the case, and they are truly not enamored with Pratt at all.

1 minute ago, HeresAGuy said:

Oh wow.......okay that surprises me a bit (again in a first world problem sort of way).

Big Red Dog must be a real "vibes" guy in that locker room if thats the case, and they are truly not enamored with Pratt at all.

It's not so much that. People don't seem to understand that Pratt is not REMOTELY ready to play in a regular season game. The talk about him being the No. 2 was always laughable, he wasn't even good in the preseason. He made a few throws, but overall, Pratt was very ordinary-to-below-ordinary throughout camp. If the Packers want him on the PS, he'll be there. If they want him on the PS in 3 weeks, he'll likely still be there.