53 Man Roster thread

Old Guy

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's not so much that. People don't seem to understand that Pratt is not REMOTELY ready to play in a regular season game. The talk about him being the No. 2 was always laughable, he wasn't even good in the preseason. He made a few throws, but overall, Pratt was very ordinary-to-below-ordinary throughout camp. If the Packers want him on the PS, he'll be there. If they want him on the PS in 3 weeks, he'll likely still be there. 

That makes sense. Keep Clifford around until Willis learns the offense, then Pratt could replace Clifford...if they both clear waivers. And If they think Pratt has a higher ceiling. 

Edited by Mr. Fussnputz
added some

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Glad to see it. Heath earned his spot again. Still think Dubose is the odd man out here and the Packers will roll with Melton and Heath, same as last year. 

I didn't see the point in getting rid of Heath .. he's a good football player and willing to do some dirty work.  Kid was productive last year, and then was productive again in camp.  Not the kind of guy you cut loose.  Dubose has better long range potential I think, but he's not ready for the 53 yet.

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

So what's gonna happen to Dillon?

1.  Make 53

2.  Waived with injury settlement

3.  Put on IR for 4 weeks

4.  Traded

I'm leaning towards #3 but #2 is also very possible as he is a vested veteran which means if he's on the roster in week one then his salary is fully guaranteed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I didn't see the point in getting rid of Heath .. he's a good football player and willing to do some dirty work.  Kid was productive last year, and then was productive again in camp.  Not the kind of guy you cut loose.  Dubose has better long range potential I think, but he's not ready for the 53 yet.

I'm not a big Melton fan. I don't like receivers with iffy hands. Dubose isn't as fast, but he might develop into a better all-round receiver than Melton. I guess it depends on what the coaches are looking for.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Heath didnt do anything to lose his job, but why wouldnt Dubose be ready? Im thinl he can replicate that stat line and he showed he can also play specials.. the main job of the 6th WR.

DuBose didn't follow up the nice game vs CLE with much else.  Heath offers just as much in the run game and ST, so I expect DuBose needed to clearly outperform Heath to make the 53.  With this news that Heath made the cut, I am not expecting DuBose to make it.

I think believing Welch not clearing wavers is homerism. Most of his big splash plays came against very marginal competition. He did what he had to do to get noticed and maybe someone likes him at LB5 but I’d say he’s a good bet for the PS and can probably stay with family to save some money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I think believing Welch not clearing wavers is homerism. Most of his big splash plays came against very marginal competition. He did what he had to do to get noticed and maybe someone likes him at LB5 but I’d say he’s a good bet for the PS and can probably stay with family to save some money. 

The issue is us Welch homers want him on the field, not the PS ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

DuBose didn't follow up the nice game vs CLE with much else.  Heath offers just as much in the run game and ST, so I expect DuBose needed to clearly outperform Heath to make the 53.  With this news that Heath made the cut, I am not expecting DuBose to make it.

I read that DuBose really struggles to get off the line of scrimmage when pressed and just needs more refinement.  He also showed streaky hands and didn't produce in the final few preseason games.  He just doesn't seem worthy of a spot yet.  One more year on the PS and maybe he can stick next year.