2025 NFL Draft Thread

On 6/26/2024 at 3:03 PM, big_palooka said:

Same thing happens every year, fans convince themselves that the next class is better than the last.

I don't see it. No QB in this upcoming class are being heralded the way Williams and Maye were a year ago. I don't see that level QB in this class. As much as I like Beck, he's more a Matt Ryan-esque type QB, which isn't a bad thing but you have to keep perspective. He plays on the top college program in football. He has a ton of help.

I can't make a case for anyone else right now as a top 10 at QB and arguably first round.

That's what everybody did the JJ McCarthy and Bo Nix this past year lol. The reason why it happens is because people fall for it every year out of desperation for a quarterback that'll be there when they pick to pacify whichever fan base need of a QB. That's why the snake oil QB thing happens every year.

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Spencer Rattler has been the talk of Saints camp. Raiders should have listened to me 

As much as I'd love to see Rattler take Carr's job and see you cry about it, it's mini camp. Guys are not wearing pads. AOC was the talk of mini camp through preseason with the Raiders last year. Dorian Thompson Robinson was the steal of the draft after preseason last year and fell flat in an actual start. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's what everybody did the JJ McCarthy and Bo Nix this past year lol. The reason why it happens is because people fall for it every year out of desperation for a quarterback that'll be there when they pick to pacify whichever fan base need of a QB. That's why the snake oil QB thing happens every year.

Sure. But I had McCarthy as a top 10 QB before the season started. I can't sell myself on any of these 2025 QBs outside Beck right now as a first rounder. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

As much as I'd love to see Rattler take Carr's job and cry about it, it's mini camp. Guys are not wearing pads. AOC was the talk of mini camp through preseason with the Raiders last year. Dorian Thompson Robinson was the steal of the draft after preseason last year and fell flat in an actual start. 

This x 1000

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Sure. But I had McCarthy as a top 10 QB before the season started. I can't sell myself on any of these 2025 QBs outside Beck right now as a first rounder. 

If you did in fact have McCarthy top 10 before the season I can respect that(even though I have no clue why someone would do that).

But the majority of people didn't even know who he was until it was pretty apparent that Michigan was the best college football team overall last year in the same way that nobody cared about Mac Jones until it was apparent that Alabama was going when the chip that year. 

Edited by Jeremy408

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 6:31 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Cute that he continues to think he can pump his kid to the #1 overall draft spot. He is going to do everything to get him the Heisman too. Likely to the detriment of the team in some games. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 9:05 PM, agarcia34 said:

Can’t lie I’m a big fan of Quinn Ewers. Needs to play with more consistency. If he can do that and make the plays like he did against Alabama then he’s gonna be a fast riser.

I like Ewers as well. 

Don’t think this QB is as bad as they made it out to be a couple months ago. It has a couple of QBs that can be fast risers.

Jaxson Dart is another QB I like. He can have a J.Daniels type of rise especially if he can be a Heisman candidate. His talent pops out when watching him 

• Like 1