2025 NFL Draft Thread

I'm bias, but having watched all the major players at QB Carson Beck still QB1 and it's not close.

His decision making from the pocket, ability to layer throws over the middle are NFL caliber. He has the quickest release in college football when he needs it. Plays smart and on schedule with great play recognition. 

Everyone is going to continued to be wowed by the off structure stuff from Sanders, Ward, etc.  I like my QBs to win where it matters and Beck is that guy.

Ward looked good. He has that rare ability to sling it using only his upper body. His base gets sloppy to often. Ewers looked solid with some flare on that no look pass. Allar had some nice balls. Nico is a true freshman, but he's going to be stellar. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Good week for the QBs aside from Weigman. 

Ward is so good. Just gambles to much at times. He’s gonna take that Miami team to the playoffs 

Cade Klubnick was awful too. Missed several throws 

On 9/1/2024 at 1:50 PM, big_palooka said:

I'm bias, but having watched all the major players at QB Carson Beck still QB1 and it's not close.

His decision making from the pocket, ability to layer throws over the middle are NFL caliber. He has the quickest release in college football when he needs it. Plays smart and on schedule with great play recognition. 

Everyone is going to continued to be wowed by the off structure stuff from Sanders, Ward, etc.  I like my QBs to win where it matters and Beck is that guy.

Ward looked good. He has that rare ability to sling it using only his upper body. His base gets sloppy to often. Ewers looked solid with some flare on that no look pass. Allar had some nice balls. Nico is a true freshman, but he's going to be stellar. 

Thoughts on Allar, he looks like a mini Josh Allen

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Thoughts on Allar, he looks like a mini Josh Allen

He looked good from what I saw. Exactly what you wanted to see from him. 

Week 1 got me a little more excited about the class as a whole:

Ewers, Dart, Miller Moss, Mussmeier all looked promising this week. 

Also, Raiola and Nico both look legit. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He looked good from what I saw. Exactly what you wanted to see from him. 

Week 1 got me a little more excited about the class as a whole:

Ewers, Dart, Miller Moss, Mussmeier all looked promising this week. 

Also, Raiola and Nico both look legit. 

Agree. Some really intriguing performances. Hopefully a handful put together consistent performances over the whole season.

Not a bad year to need a QB either as I can see fewer teams needing a QB than in the past few drafts. The sheer volume of high picks on QBs recently should make for less teams to compete against.