2025 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wish Champ got a GM gig.

With how bungled things were in Chicago and Denver and Vegas under his watch (regardless of how partial his direct influence may have been), it'll probably be a long time before that happens. 

If this current staff has success over the next couple of years, his chances will improve tremendously. The hires are largely on him, as the acting GM. AP and Telesco panning out were Champ's dry-run for a shot somewhere. If this crew goes sideways, dude will never sniff a GM role. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What has Champ Kelly shown to prove that he deserves to be a GM? We've been awful every year that he has been here.

Hired AP and Telesco (or at least played a key role as acting GM). 

If, somehow, those two both work out, come 2026 or so, Champ will rightfully be on a lot of short lists. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You guys are so dang sensitive. 

@RaidersAreOne is just implying he wish he'd got a GM job so the Raiders would have gotten a 3rd round pick.

I missed the whole point tbh, lol. Unfortunately for Kelly though I don't think anyone wants to hire someone from our dumpster fire to lead their team.

• Like 1

I liked Tom T approach to be honestly 

• already had Pierce as coach, so didn't clean house. I'm sure Pierce pressed management last year wasn't a mirage and he was building something with this team. So there wasn't going be major changes 
  • signed a star DT. we been missing a stud DT since the days of Richard Seymour 
  • drafted BPA instead of reaching on a 2nd tier QB like Nix or JJ 
  • attacked trenches with two promising players who might be long term starters 

- QB and RB situation could have been handled better. this year was about letting Pierce build off his team. If the team sucks, I have no doubt we get a coach and QB combo. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I am telling you. He's not just an athlete. He is turning into a QB in front of our eyes and he has amazing athletic ability + an arm to boot.

people forget these college players are 19-20 years old and improve in college. LOL. people see someone raw as a freshman/sophmore and think that's who they will always be. Just getting on the field for a major program Is a big accomplishment. Milroe looks so much better than he did early last year. He has a lot of traits that would shine in the NFL. I like 

Ward - Milroe - Sanders - Allar

they all have great potential in the next level. I havent had a chance to check out Dart but heard good things. Ewers got hurt, so his stock is down. Beck is meh too me, low ceiling prospect. Classic good college QB who is a backup in the NFL. or over drafted in the NFL and is a bust. 

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I am telling you. He's not just an athlete. He is turning into a QB in front of our eyes and he has amazing athletic ability + an arm to boot.

Only thing that concerns me is Kalen Deboer's offense. It gives QBs a lot of easy reads. I think there is a lot to like with him though if he continues this growth.

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

people forget these college players are 19-20 years old and improve in college. LOL. people see someone raw as a freshman/sophmore and think that's who they will always be. Just getting on the field for a major program Is a big accomplishment. Milroe looks so much better than he did early last year. He has a lot of traits that would shine in the NFL. I like 

Ward - Milroe - Sanders - Allar

they all have great potential in the next level. I havent had a chance to check out Dart but heard good things. Ewers got hurt, so his stock is down. Beck is meh too me, low ceiling prospect. Classic good college QB who is a backup in the NFL. or over drafted in the NFL and is a bust. 

This is fair, but what's wild with this assessment is Beck has the best release and field vision from the pocket. But he's not flashy as a runs around, so he's meh to people. Which is off base. He's also working with a reloaded skill group that is arguably the worst in several years at Georgia. And Bobo is an awful OC who likely gets the boot this offseason.

Just keep perspective.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Only thing that concerns me is Kalen Deboer's offense. It gives QBs a lot of easy reads. I think there is a lot to like with him though if he continues this growth.

I agree but I think you can see what he can be. He will need more coaching at the next level for sure. 

Kalen Deboer offense is not a negative to me. He allows his QB to grow into the position and focus on his strengths. Seen it with Penix and Milroe from last year to this year has been night and day. I still don’t think Milroe can be a high level passer but if you can build a offense around his strengths that he does have passing and use those legs then I think you could get a Lamar type QB. 

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Mark told Sanders “Who knows you might be home right now” 

Feels good knowing that they’re finally gonna pull the trigger on a young QB.

The signs point to it. Doesn't seem like the Raiders care about the character stuff with him. Probably how I personally prefer him over everyone except ward and ewers