2025 NFL Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I haven’t seen it with Mertz at all. Both Dart and Ewers clears 

Mertz is that Tate Martell/Spencer Rattler type of QB where his HS star rating keeps him name in the conversation but nobody cam really say why. 

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The sleeper QB of the draft next season is DJ Uiagalelei

He needs to improve in areas but he could certainly make the leap into round 1 territory 

Remember we are projecting these players without a year of improvement 

I know his uncle pretty good but he has always looked terrible to me.

The two guys I'd bet on improving if I had to would be Leonard and Allar

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I know his uncle pretty good but he has always looked terrible to me.

The two guys I'd bet on improving if I had to would be Leonard and Allar

Allar is enticing, but I think his weapons are going to be a detriment to him. 

Fan of Allar, not of the Penn St offense. 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. I think next years QB class could be very solid. We will probably have 4-5 1st QBs again. A lot of that list including Leonard and Jefferson will improve

Most of these guys in their early 20s too, not their mid 20s. It’s natural for them to improve 

Posted (edited)
  • Sanders 
  • Ewers
  • Beck 
  • Milroe 

Would all be first rounders if the draft was tomorrow. 

• Drew Allar - might declare with a good year 
  • Riley Leonard 
  • Cam Ward
  • KJ Jefferson 
  • Will Howard 
  • DJ Uiagalelei 
  • Kaidon Salter 
  • Connor Weigman 
  • Taylen Green

all those guys stock could soar if they put it together this fall 

• Dillion Gabriel 
  • Jalon Daniels  
  • Graham Mertz
  • Noah Fifita
  • Jaxson Dart  
  • Taylen Green
  • Preston Stone
  • Jeff Sims
  • Tyler Van Dyke 
  • DeQuan Finn
  • Donovan Smith

those guys interesting, but maybe limited by size or lower ceiling 

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 5/2/2024 at 6:03 PM, big_palooka said:

Same. But there are a lot of variables:

1 - Can the team maintain that fire they finished with. 

2- Can AP coach? How does he and the team respond to a loosing streak, playing better competition

3 - Getsy's offense. Who's the QB? Can the Oline gel?

I think this is an important question. No doubt that Pierce invigorated the team and we had a short term shot in the arm but as you say, will Pierce be able to outcoach people when the motivation effect has worn off, what does he do when a guy falls off the wagon and does he have other strings to his coaching bow. If he does, he could be a great coach long term, or is he a one trick pony.

I really like the guy, he feels like a fit and the type of fellow I like to root for. I genuinely hope he succeeds, probably more than any recent coach we’ve had. I was willing to give McDaniels three years unless things went **** up (which they obviously did) so I’m prepared to give Pierce the same opportunity as that’s only fair and consistent. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think this is an important question. No doubt that Pierce invigorated the team and we had a short term shot in the arm but as you say, will Pierce be able to outcoach people when the motivation effect has worn off, what does he do when a guy falls off the wagon and does he have other strings to his coaching bow. If he does, he could be a great coach long term, or is he a one trick pony.

I really like the guy, he feels like a fit and the type of fellow I like to root for. I genuinely hope he succeeds, probably more than any recent coach we’ve had. I was willing to give McDaniels three years unless things went **** up (which they obviously did) so I’m prepared to give Pierce the same opportunity as that’s only fair and consistent. 

The track record with interim coaches getting the HC gig isn't great. Hoping he can buck that trend. 

I'm luke warm on the offensive staff he put together which will make or break him. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who' are the top 5 Qb's coming out next year and will any of them go one overall? 

Let's say we have the 12th pick in next years draft.  Who do you expect to be there QB wise? 

Here is my view on who I think will be the top 7 guys to watch and see who rounds into that top 5. I have 3 guys with first round grades going in.

Top 10:

Carson Beck, Georgia - He has the talent to go #1 overall. He's the most complete QB in this class.

First Round:

Quinn Ewers, Texas - Has all the talent you want but wildly inconsistent. Needs to put it all together to be a top 10 pick

Conner Weigman, Texas A&M - Dark horse projection, but he was on fire early last year before getting injured and missing the rest of the season. If he comes back the same, he has the physical skills to push for #1 overall. Big, explosive athlete who runs with purpose. 5* recruit, played shortstop in baseball which gives him all the arm angles throws people salivate over. 

Other dark Horses:

Jaxson Dart, Ole Miss - Not sure where to slot him right now. But potential to be a first round pick if he puts it together.

Riley Leonard, Notre Dame - He could go round 1 or day 3 and neither would surprise me at this point. Has a ton of talent, but his bad is real bad. If he can get right at Notre Dame, then he can elevate his stock.

Day 2

Shedeur Sanders, Colorado - He will likely go round 1, but I don't see it. Arm is limited, but has some intangibles that give him a first round grade. Will the improved CU Oline help him? One thing is for certain... Daddy will do everything he can to win him the Heisman and say he's the #1 overall pick, even if the talent doesn't support it. 

Jalen Milroe, Alabama - Another guy who if the QB catches up to the athlete, could go round 1. Very raw right now as a QB. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who' are the top 5 Qb's coming out next year and will any of them go one overall? 

Let's say we have the 12th pick in next years draft.  Who do you expect to be there QB wise? 

See my post on this page 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He asked for the top 5. You listed 24. 

Of those 24, how many have you actually watched play a full game?

you remind me of one of my troubled students. You want to debate or talk back for attention. Even when you agree LOL

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 5/21/2024 at 5:37 PM, big_palooka said:

The track record with interim coaches getting the HC gig isn't great. Hoping he can buck that trend. 

I'm luke warm on the offensive staff he put together which will make or break him. 

How many interim coaches have actually gotten the job at the end of the season. Serious question, I can't remember the last time an interim coach kept the job even after doing well.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 12:10 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Quinn Ewers  or Shadeur Sanders probably hit that top of the 1st round projection, warranted or not. 

Carson Beck is probably right there with those two, though his is actually warranted. 

Other guys:

Riley Leonard

KJ Jefferson

DJU

Will Howard

Tons of potential in this class, but they need to put it all together. It'll be interesting if substance outweighs the crazy hype train guys get. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for Ewers or Samders to be considered 1st round locks, and yet here we are. 

Meanwhile you've got Beck being great, Leonard, Howard, and Jefferson immensely improving their surroundings from objectively poor situations for QBs where they still managed to look pretty solid, and DJU seemingly putting it together and being in a great spot now. 

With the exception of Jefferson at UCF (and I could still be wrong), it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if one of Beck, Leonard, Howard, or DJU put together some ridiculous season and serious Heisman hype. 

Equally, aside from Beck, they could all flop. Leonard is the latest Jack Coan/Sam Hartman, and playing at Notre Dame did zilch for their stock. Jefferson has the tools but a lot to prove after his play diminished at Arkansas. Howard could flourish under Chip Kelly, or he could be Nate Costa and wind up a nobody. DJU probably still carries some level of "bust" label because he was supposed to be the next great thing at Clemson. He looked really solid for Oregon St last year and FSU seems primed for a big year, bit it's his last chance to be a somebody at the college level. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2