18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

good thing he's not a GM for the Minnesota Vikings.

No.. but why would we want any of his input or any suggestion that he has? He couldn't identify talent as a GM (other than Luck and TY), and now we want him to help out with our college scouting department? Sure, he picked Andrew Luck. Everyone would have picked Andrew Luck. Among other things, he traded a 1st for Trent Richardson who couldn't even make it in the AAF (or whatever  league that was that burned out), and now we want to have him give advice to Kwesi to help him grow as a GM? I just don't get it. I'll read that aforementioned article when I get a chance and it may persuade me, but as of right now this hire stinks.

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

No.. but why would we want any of his input or any suggestion that he has? He couldn't identify talent as a GM (other than Luck and TY), and now we want him to help out with our college scouting department? Sure, he picked Andrew Luck. Everyone would have picked Andrew Luck. Among other things, he traded a 1st for Trent Richardson who couldn't even make it in the AAF (or whatever  league that was that burned out), and now we want to have him give advice to Kwesi to help him grow as a GM? I just don't get it. I'll read that aforementioned article when I get a chance and it may persuade me, but as of right now this hire stinks.

They may not want him to identify talent but to help manage processes so the people hired are in a better position to focus on identifying talent. Would imagine this would be a very heavy administrative role for Grigson so Kwesi can focus on whatever models and boards he’s building out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

He was with more teams than just the Colts. 

32 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Man, people seem to be taking these hires personally. 

Trust the process until you have reason not to. Grigson, at least at this point, ain't that reason. 

It’s funny that people don’t seem to have an issue with the idea of hiring a coach who failed as a head coach, but was a good coordinator. Yet, they want nothing to do with a talented scout because they failed as a GM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s funny that people don’t seem to have an issue with the idea of hiring a coach who failed as a head coach, but was a good coordinator. Yet, they want nothing to do with a talented scout because they failed as a GM. 

I think it's funny that people are already nitpicking Kwesi's moves and hirings when we haven't even had Free Agency or the Draft, let alone played actual games. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I think it's funny that people are already nitpicking Kwesi's moves and hirings when we haven't even had Free Agency or the Draft, let alone played actual games. 

I still totally 100% trust Kwesi, don't get that twisted. Kwesi, to me, was the right hire and I still feel that way. Because I hate the hire doesn't mean I don't support his choice to hire Grigson; I am just some guy on the internet and he runs an NFL team, so what do I know?... I will support every decision Kwesi makes until I have a reason not to, even if I personally don't care for it.  We need to give the new guys a fair shake. 

At the same time, its pretty crazy to me how people just want to gloss over how terrible he has been, using the excuse that he, "won't be the GM" as the excuse. Guess who he is going to be advising? The GM. I hope he has learned from his mistakes, because this hire is a head-scratcher. Hopefully I get proved wrong.

Edited by AP_allday2869