18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate him so far?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• 3 weeks later...

O'Connell: "When I learned Kwesi had become the general manager of the Minnesota Vikings and I still had an opportunity to become the head coach, he was a huge reason I wanted to be a part of this. I knew our shared vision was a big reason why, but actually getting to experience that on a minute-to-minute basis sharing the halls with him, getting our staffs together and really starting to build that collaboration has been really special early on.

"I think our new coaches have felt it, I think his staff has obviously felt it, and it's something we'll continue to do as we build the 2022 version of the Minnesota Vikings through the draft, free agency and all of the great aspects of getting to put a football team together."

https://www.vikings.com/news/kevin-oconnell-2022-nfl-combine-presser

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Dak/EE = big money / Lamb = future big $ / Copper = cut?

Cousins/Cook = big money / JJ = future big $ / Thielen = cut? 

We’ll see

We’ll see, but Dallas also has Gallup, and it sounds like they plan to lock him up long term. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Kwesi doin' the GM thang lately....

your mid March grades for his actions so far are...?

Hard to say, especially because it depends upon your expectations.  If you were hoping for a complete turnover, you'd probably give him a C- or D.  But, my expectations are based on making the best out a bad situation overall, so, I'd probably give him a B/B- or so.  The Za'Darius moves it to that from probably a C+.   

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Kwesi doin' the GM thang lately....

your mid March grades for his actions so far are...?

B+ 

He's made the moves that make sense and has started to add pieces to the defense. I'd give a higher grade, but we haven't added any secondary help yet. 

7 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

B+ 

He's made the moves that make sense and has started to add pieces to the defense. I'd give a higher grade, but we haven't added any secondary help yet. 

does he get anything for the coaching staff he's put together?

tough crowd.

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

tough crowd.

It depends upon who had the most influence on the coaching staff hires....while many of them were hired before KOC was, I can't imagine that he still didn't have more influence on them than Kwesi did...thus he gets more of the credit, not Kwesi.  

I don't think I could go higher than a B-.

I still have no idea what the plan is. It seems like they think that this was a Super Bowl or near-Super Bowl roster, that need a bit of tweaking and a different approach. I think that is a pretty optimistic view.

If the goal is to sustain a reasonably competitive team while attempting to build depth/a succession plan, then I think he is doing a fine job.

All that said, I think he's done about as good a job as can be expected given the cap situation he was left with. They could've gone the Falcon's route and decided to take their lumps now and start over, but it doesn't seem like that was the ownership's preference. 

I don't think we'll have a much clearer picture until after the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

tough crowd.

I generally don't know enough about the coaches to make an informed decision. I like that we kept McCardell, but Donatell doesn't seem like an excitement-inducing hire. 

I also put the coaching staff more on KOC than Kwesi.