2024 Vikings 53-Man "Final" Roster

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Someone theorized that they waited until today for a better shot at him clearing waivers, so they could put him on the PS. 

I might get that if they were just rolling with Darnold and Mullens, but putting Hall on the practice squad doesn’t seem to make much sense with the signing of Rypien. 

• Like 1

A 3rd string QB is usually one of two things, A) he’s the developmental guy, and/or B) he’s the scout team quarterback. 

We all know that McCarthy is the young guy the team is developing. Which pretty much leaves Hall to be the scout team QB. It’s very possible that the team didn’t see Hall being overly capable of that roll. 

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A 3rd string QB is usually one of two things, A) he’s the developmental guy, and/or B) he’s the scout team quarterback. 

We all know that McCarthy is the young guy the team is developing. Which pretty much leaves Hall to be the scout team QB. It’s very possible that the team didn’t see Hall being overly capable of that roll. 

Assuming McCarthy isn't hurt again...

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Seems like they don't want a repeat of last year

Agreed.  They don't want to have to start him if Darnold and Mullens get injured.  They'd rather throw Rypien to the wolves.  😂

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If we're down to QB3 I'm not sure who is under center will matter. I'd rather Hall get those reps than Rypien should it come to that. What Stefanski did in Cleveland last year was truly an anomaly.

Agreed. 

when it comes to Hall and where his ceiling is, i'll trust O'Connell, McCown, and Phillips on the matter.

other teams seeing those three not heavily promoting and protecting Hall right now might make then shy to pick him up also.

• Like 1