A New Stadium…Question Mark.

Dome or Nada Dome  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do we or don’t we? Hence the question…

I dont see how anybody thinks this isn't the best thing to happen to the city of Cleveland since LeBron being drafted. 

Actually NorthEast Ohio. 

I think thats what people are missing Clevelanders get so locked in on Cleveland. Everybody north of Columbus will be able to take advantage of this concept. There is no building like this in the state of Ohio at all. 

Paul Brown will never be able to build anything like this. We've got to take advantage of the opportunity. 

I can't wait to go to a game in there. Our stadium is nice because we're in it and its on the water. Nice days it is pretty dope

But even on the nicest day it aint all that compared to whats out there. We need to get with the times 

• Like 1

I dont see how anybody thinks this isn't the best thing to happen to the city of Cleveland since LeBron being drafted. 

Actually NorthEast Ohio. 

I think thats what people are missing Clevelanders get so locked in on Cleveland. Everybody north of Columbus will be able to take advantage of this concept. There is no building like this in the state of Ohio at all. 

Paul Brown will never be able to build anything like this. We've got to take advantage of the opportunity. 

I can't wait to go to a game in there. Our stadium is nice because we're in it and its on the water. Nice days it is pretty dope

But even on the nicest day it aint all that compared to whats out there. We need to get with the times and more than that we need to be at the Forefront of innovation. Bring this area something special 

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

How far is Brooke park from Cleveland?

I see lots of people complaining, but it’s not like the Dallas Cowboys play in Dallas, the New York teams don’t play in New York etc 

Not far. Probably about 20 or so minutes from downtown.

14 hours ago, DawgX said:

Not far. Probably about 20 or so minutes from downtown.

So my next question is why are people upset over the location?

This will be amazing for Cleveland. This will mean a Super Bowl, Wrestlemania, College championship game, concerts etc 

59 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

So my next question is why are people upset over the location?

This will be amazing for Cleveland. This will mean a Super Bowl, Wrestlemania, College championship game, concerts etc 

Because it’s not on the lake and it’s not an equal distance between the west and east side of Cleveland. 

it is however like 5 minutes from my house. So I’m thrilled. But not being on the lake does kinda suck. Its one of the coolest aesthetics in football. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 4:50 AM, hornbybrown said:

How far is Brooke park from Cleveland?

I see lots of people complaining, but it’s not like the Dallas Cowboys play in Dallas, the New York teams don’t play in New York etc 

Browns Stadium to the Airport is 15 miles, so 15 minutes on I-71.

The biggest thing people need to accept is the majority of the fans attending Browns games are no longer City of Cleveland residents. It is, at least, a regional fanbase - if not state wide. My brother lives in Dublin (Cbus) and he has hopped in the car and been at Browns games in just under 2hrs. (Yes, he does drive like a bat out of hell).

But putting a stadium right next to a travel hub that already has the expressways in place is intelligent. Once the rest of the entertainment hub gets built around the stadium, this will be a destination location for sure.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 2

Would I love this new State of the Art Venue to be downtown? Absolutey. But it SEEMS that there is not a plan of land big enough, and we can't build on the existing plot of land. Brookpark is fine with me. When it's all said and done, I heard a beat reporter break it down as the Haslam's are covering 2/3+ of the overall expense. While I wish we lived in a time and place where the Billionaire's paid for the whole facility, most of the country is closer to 50/50, so it feels like a win. Being close the airport and the major highways is a pretty nice perk. Seems to me like an easy win. That said, despite Jimmy being "better" these past few years, you always wonder if there is something questionable up his sleeve, and also means we have to trust our local government to not screw this up, which seems unlikely lol