Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

The Packers should be forced to place Rodgers on waivers AND be docked a draft pick or two.

But at this point I don't expect the league to follow through with ANY of their written rules anymore. 

But no new injuries were reported though, that's the problem. Which is a clear violation.

It does matter. Alot in fact.

By rule, in order to place Rodgers(or any player) on IR, that player must have suffered a new injury that would keep him out for at least 6 weeks. If that player did NOT suffer a new injury that would sideline him for at least 6 weeks (which Rodgers did not appear to fall into this category) and the team places that player on IR anyhow, by rule, the team must release said player after his injury is healed.

Just because a new injury wasn't disclosed doesn't mean a new injury didn't occur. 

By definition, tweaking his collarbone is a new injury.  It healed to a point, then got injured to a point less than it was when he went into the Panthers game.

Sorry to put a damper on your pipe dream, but the MOST the Packers could be hit with is failure to disclose an injury to a player that didn't play. 

The Packers gained zero competitive advantage from putting Rodgers on IR.  Clearly. 

And when the player is healed.  Okay, so the Packers say the injury isn't healed until releasing Rodgers makes him not susceptible to waivers and then they re-sign him.

There's nothing here.  Any way you look at it.  Keep trying though. 

Even if there was something here, the NFL isn't going to do anything about it.  You think the NFL, ratings in the crapper and all, will force the Packers to release their franchise?  Because I can tell you one NFL fan that won't tune in for another minute if they did that. 

20 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Just because a new injury wasn't disclosed doesn't mean a new injury didn't occur. 

By definition, tweaking his collarbone is a new injury.  It healed to a point, then got injured to a point less than it was when he went into the Panthers game.

Your skipping the first part of the ruling process here in order for it to fit what you would like to believe. Sorry it don't work that way. Read the rules.

First of all,. I'd hate to tell you but this all irrelevant. Which is exactly why this is even coming up in the first place.

Second of all, Prove any of this? You can't because if you could we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Again you're trying to fit the situation to match what you want while disregarding &/or not understanding the rulebook.

Nice try though. 

Even if there was something here, the NFL isn't going to do anything about it.

No, probably not. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't follow their own rules.

You think the NFL, ratings in the crapper and all, will force the Packers to release their franchise?  Because I can tell you one NFL fan that won't tune in for another minute if they did that. 

Well it's a good thing that the NFL isn't designed to make HorizontoZenith happy then isn't it? 

Also, fans say this type of crap all the time -"I'm done with the NFL" - and they're back to watching the very next game and so would you.

I'd love to know what teams complained.

I didn't know this rule was in place but I'll say this.  I'm certain the Packers knew about this rule and if we lose draft picks or have to release Rodgers then everyone from Mark Murphy on down should be forced to resign.  Of all the stupid things to do!  All we had to do was sit him like we did with Clay Matthews, Nick Perry and others and this isn't an issue.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I didn't know this rule was in place but I'll say this.  I'm certain the Packers knew about this rule and if we lose draft picks or have to release Rodgers then everyone from Mark Murphy on down should be forced to resign.  Of all the stupid things to do!  All we had to do was sit him like we did with Clay Matthews, Nick Perry and others and this isn't an issue.

If I told you I'd have to kill you, however I can say that they rhymed with the Micago Pears, the Petroit Wions and the Kinnesota Likings.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I didn't know this rule was in place but I'll say this.  I'm certain the Packers knew about this rule and if we lose draft picks or have to release Rodgers then everyone from Mark Murphy on down should be forced to resign.  Of all the stupid things to do!

You didn't know that a player has to have an injury to go on the injured reserve?

And obviously it has to be a new or aggrevated injury. 

8 minutes ago, RuralBill said:

You didn't know that a player has to have an injury to go on the injured reserve?

And obviously it has to be a new or aggrevated injury. 

Oh, I meant I didn't know a team could lose a player for putting said player back on IR in this situation.

Wait so was the Doctor who cleared Rodgers to play for one week due a last ditch effort to make the playoffs and then didn't clear him when the games didn't matter the same one said Bennett was cleared to play?

Hold your Aaron Rodgers tight tonight Packers fans 

Ignoring the Aaron Rodgers release, which has no chance of happening, there is some basis for complaint here. If Rodgers was healthy enough to play when his team's playoff chances are alive and you say he's not when they are eliminated, that messes up the competitive integrity of the rest of the games and how they affect the rest of the NFL. Could also be seen as blatant tanking. 

25 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Ignoring the Aaron Rodgers release, which has no chance of happening, there is some basis for complaint here. If Rodgers was healthy enough to play when his team's playoff chances are alive and you say he's not when they are eliminated, that messes up the competitive integrity of the rest of the games and how they affect the rest of the NFL. Could also be seen as blatant tanking. 

Nothing would surprise me these days.  With our luck we'll have to give up Rodgers, get fined and/or lose multiple draft picks and become bottom feeders once again.  

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Your skipping the first part of the ruling process here in order for it to fit what you would like to believe. Sorry it don't work that way. Read the rules.

First of all,. I'd hate to tell you but this all irrelevant. Which is exactly why this is even coming up in the first place.

Second of all, Prove any of this? You can't because if you could we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Again you're trying to fit the situation to match what you want while disregarding &/or not understanding the rulebook.

Nice try though. 

No, probably not. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't follow their own rules.

Well it's a good thing that the NFL isn't designed to make HorizontoZenith happy then isn't it? 

Also, fans say this type of crap all the time -"I'm done with the NFL" - and they're back to watching the very next game and so would you.

If the Packers release Rodgers they will have complied. Wait to release him where waivers isn’t an issue. There is nothing here.

there is zero chance Darth Goodell does the proper thing and force his release.

a league where "per the letter of the law of the 230498289034908298034980324 word definition of a catch, Jesse James was incomplete"  is the same where  he'll give this flagrant and insulting disregard of the competitive rule structure on team rosters   a pass.  the same league where JJSS is suspended a week for his hit and the guy who  IR'd Hunter Henry wasn't.  Or the dirty rolling Seahawks lineman.

all the NFL highups do now is craft sound good-feel good legalese to try to cover their butts for what they know is eventually coming.

So they can't say he re-injured his collarbone and be done with this mess? And before anyone says that's how the rules work. Yes it is. For them to say that his collarbone isn't re-injured they would have to have a different opinion. And Collarbone injuries are easy to aggravate, especially to when throwing a football 30+ times. 

Haters gonna hate

Archived