Aaron Rodgers Back to the IR.

gopherwrestler

My only issue with all of this is if the NFL understood their own rule on IR procedure, why would they not follow through with that? Why be subjective?

All the NFL had to do was tell GB that they can't IR him. Then the Packers could just place someone like Clay Matthews or Davante Adams on it so they could move up Graham Harrell/Matt Flynn/Brian Brohm or whatever that guys name is to the active roster and just bench/deactivate Rodgers.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

My only issue with all of this is if the NFL understood their own rule on IR procedure, why would they not follow through with that? Why be subjective?

All the NFL had to do was tell GB that they can't IR him. Then the Packers could just place someone like Clay Matthews or Davante Adams on it so they could move up Graham Harrell/Matt Flynn/Brian Brohm or whatever that guys name is to the active roster and just bench/deactivate Rodgers.

Has anyone ever rec'd a warning for speeding other than a ticket? 

The league wrote the rule. The league enforces the rule. The league knows what the intent and spirit of the rule is. 

The league stated that this move did not violate the intent of the rule. 

End of story.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Has anyone ever rec'd a warning for speeding other than a ticket? 

The league wrote the rule. The league enforces the rule. The league knows what the intent and spirit of the rule is. 

The league stated that this move did not violate the intent of the rule. 

End of story.

Such a good way to look at it. Anyone saying the league messed up or the Packers should be punished are just being petty. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It wasn't just the "probably" likely to happen equipment violation.  It also had to do with the fact that the Patriots weren't exactly helpful in the NFL investigation.  This isn't a real life court case, it isn't innocent beyond a reasonable doubt.  There was more than enough evidence to suggest that the Patriots did indeed tamper with the footballs.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but Brady broke his phone and Belichick wouldn't let the NFL reinterview any of the people involved a 2nd time?

I already have a full time job.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you’re not disagreeing?

Virtually everything you said about deflategate was incorrect, however I'm not going to derail the thread by going into it.

My point was that the league is perfectly capable of making a big deal out of nothing at all. To suggest otherwise is bonkers.

6 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Virtually everything you said about deflategate was incorrect, however I'm not going to derail the thread by going into it.

My point was that the league is perfectly capable of making a big deal out of nothing at all. To suggest otherwise is bonkers.

If you say so.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Who is to say it isn't a new injury?

Before it was a broken collerbone. Now it is a sore one that limits his throwing.

Believe that is 2 different injuries.

1) A sore isn't classified as a "major" injury.

2) They never reported any injury in either the in-game reports or the when they submitted the IR claim. In fact, they didn't specify anything in the reports. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

they didn't circumvent anything. they said "here's the move" and league said "ok". It was direct. It was not a violation of the rule.

End of story.

Nope. Had that happened then other teams who know alot more than you or I wouldn't have had anything to complain about.

End of story.

Archived