Chiefs WR Rashee Rice under investigation for hitting photographer

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The same Hill who was pursued by the Jets and Dolphins? The same Clark who was drafted by the Seahawks? The same Gay who plays for the Saints now?

Several doesn't equal all. If that concept is too difficult for you to grasp (which it appears it is) then we're done here. Though, I'll point out that I don't see the Lions as a team listed. 

9 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

And then this is the part you ask me if I understand what it means to be off a teams draft board, when even you say you don’t really know.

I know what it means to be off a team's board and it has been reported Carter was off teams boards. I don't know specifically about the Lions.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Several doesn't equal all. If that concept is too difficult for you to grasp (which it appears it is) then we're done here. Though, I'll point out that I don't see the Lions as a team listed. 

I know what it means to be off a team's board and it has been reported Carter was off teams boards. I don't know specifically about the Lions.

That isn't what you were suggesting on the previous page when I asked you if the Lions would have taken him in the 2nd.  You felt good in asking me if I understood what being off a teams draft board meant.  Now its you don't know if he was on the the Lions board or not.  Which one are we sticking to?

I just don't think a non-QB going at 9 can be considered a fall.  I don't think the Eagles trade up for him if he wasn't in popular demand in the 1st.  

Seahawks said they considered Jalen Carter, just liked Witherspoon more.  Cardinals took a LT, likely what they wanted to do no matter what after Murray's injury (but admittedly that is me guessing).  I can believe the Raiders took Carter off their draft board, but I'd be willing to bet Henry Ruggs had more to do with it than anything else.  And we both know the Raiders haven't been the best evaluators of character.

You can be condescending all you want.  Countless examples of sports teams behaving the same way.  You are choosing to believe the Lions would move differently if, say, Amon-Ra was charged with something today.  And fair enough, you have every right to believe that, but all I'm saying is there isn't a whole lot to suggest the Lions would do that based off what we have seen over the years.

Is there any example of an NFL team cutting a young and good player immediately after they were accused of a crime (not including rape or murder, obviously)?  Funny enough, the closest team I can think of is the Chiefs with Kareem Hunt, and even that was mostly because he lied to them because the incident had occurred months before.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I get that this isn't your team, but you clearly are ignorant on this. They cut the guys that were gambling on NFL games. They kept the guys that were in trouble for betting on other sports at the team facilities. Those are clearly different issues that did and should carry different punishments. 

If the bolder was the case, then why is it that some teams continually seek out these people? Tyreek Hill, Rashee Rice, Frank Clark, William Gay, Britt Reid, etc...is it just bad luck or are some teams purposely avoiding these players/coaches? I would 100% argue with the latter and it's not coincidental. 

They cut Stanley Berryhill two weeks after the gambling suspensions dropped. Stanley Berryhill didn't bet on NFL games. He was only suspended 4 games. Stanley Berryhill is just less talented than Jameson Williams.

Might check your facts before calling me the ignorant one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Hopefully he keeps himself out of trouble for a while. Guy has to know he's hanging by a thread.

Is he, though? He’s received no publicly-known reprimand. Can we say we know he’s hanging by a thread?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Is he, though? He’s received no publicly-known reprimand. Can we say we know he’s hanging by a thread?

Doesn't he still have multiple pending felonies related to the racing/crash?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I want to know why those charges were dropped. Is it because of a pay off or the reporter actually thought it might be a frivolous effort?

I don’t know anything that hasn’t been already made public, but it was almost definitely a pay off.

It’s a criminal case, the photographer is/was under no obligation to lawyer up, prepare for trial (at this point, anyway) or do anything beyond what he’s already done (which was cooperate with LE) and possibly do some follow ups. The fact that he sent an affidavit asking for the charges to be dropped (key word is “asking”) instead of doing what anyone else would do (call the detective, tell them you made a mistake and that you aren’t cooperating anymore), tells me it’s probably him getting paid off. 

Or, it may legitimately have been a mistake, lol.

On 5/26/2024 at 6:06 AM, thebestever6 said:

I was just thinking how many chances did Paxman get in Tennessee? And imo Rice is a better player than him at his position. 

Better than Pacman? No he isn’t. And I hate(d) Pacman as a person and as a football player. He was very good at a position that is a lot harder to be good at.

Rice is good, but I have a feeling a lot of his production is because of his QB and the manufactured touches he got due to them having F-all at WR. Like, he’s a solid #2 on other squads. Again, good…but I don’t think he’s gonna be worth the headache if he continues to play “thug lyfe” with his ghetto rat friends.

• Like 2