How does the AFC North shake out in 2024?

Who will win the AFC North in 2024?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC North in 2024?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/04/2024 at 11:00 PM

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Lol how do the Browns have more votes than the Bengals?

I don't necessarily think we'll be better than them (I voted the Ravens), but we were better than them last season.

Once again, another offseason of haters. Which is fine, I'd rather fly under the radar.

My guess:

Ravens - O-line is a question mark as is WR but the rest looks solid

Bengals - CB group is weak but the offense will probably be better

Steelers - O-line should be upgraded. WR is thin behind Pickens. One of Wilson or Fields has to be better than Pickett though.

Browns - no significant additions, they lost Bill Callahan and will probably miss Flacco.

Honestly, the healthiest team not named the Steelers will win it IMO.

The Bengals have the advantage of the 4th place schedule and on paper are poised to make a run offensively, albeit their defense was an absolute disaster last season.

Baltimore is Baltimore, and if I had to bet today, they’re the team I am picking.

Cleveland has the toughest schedule in the NFL according to 2023 records and metrics, and everything hinges on the clown under center. Nick Chubb is a complete unknown health wise.

If Watson plays like a top 16 QB, it’s the Browns. If he plays like he has played so far in Cleveland, welp….it’s Baltimore.

The only team that improved a lot was the Steelers…maybe. I still think they brought in two duds at QB, but people like those moves. At least it barely cost them anything, but they’re still hurting at the most important position in the game. Bleh. 

1 hour ago, Armbar said:

If Watson plays like a top 16 QB, it’s the Browns. If he plays like he has played so far in Cleveland, welp….it’s Baltimore.

The only team that improved a lot was the Steelers…maybe. I still think they brought in two duds at QB, but people like those moves. At least it barely cost them anything, but they’re still hurting at the most important position in the game. Bleh. 

I don't see any way that either QB plays worse than Pickett last year, so even if they aren't average, it's still an improvement over last year when they went 10-7. I get the concern over WR and questions of Queen at LB (although still has to be better than what they had at the end of the year), but QB is the one position that they pretty clearly upgraded (likely twice over with Wilson and Fields being better than anything they had last year).

On 5/22/2024 at 9:52 PM, Daniel said:

Why not? They top to bottom have a stronger team.

- They have the superior defensive unit in probably every position group.
- Their WR/TE core overall is in line with the Bengals group.
- They have the superior OL group.

- RB group I’d maybe favor Cincy because I really like Moss and who knows what Chubb looks like post injury.

That said I still trust Chubb to be a superhuman freak and I also trust Stefanski to scheme open a rushing attack with committee level backs prior to his return more than I trust Zac Taylor in that regard.

So really it sort of comes down to Deshaun Watson vs Joe Burrow… and I don’t think that Burrow is enough of a difference to overcome the advantage in virtually all the other areas… and that’s assuming the old Deshaun- with probably the first “normal” offseason he’s likely to have experienced in some time and with the level of hate he’s receiving likely dying down some- doesn’t return.

If anyone is at all bullish on Watson then honestly it would be close in the sense that it’s any given Sunday, but not close in the sense that the talent disparity would be too great.

Personally I could see the Bengals finishing something like 2-4 or 1-5 in this division. I think they finish in 4th place, only it feels worse this year because Burrow would be playing.

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Why not? They top to bottom have a stronger team.

- They have the superior defensive unit in probably every position group.
- Their WR/TE core overall is in line with the Bengals group.
- They have the superior OL group.

- RB group I’d maybe favor Cincy because I really like Moss and who knows what Chubb looks like post injury.

That said I still trust Chubb to be a superhuman freak and I also trust Stefanski to scheme open a rushing attack with committee level backs prior to his return more than I trust Zac Taylor in that regard.

So really it sort of comes down to Deshaun Watson vs Joe Burrow… and I don’t think that Burrow is enough of a difference to overcome the advantage in virtually all the other areas… and that’s assuming the old Deshaun- with probably the first “normal” offseason he’s likely to have experienced in some time and with the level of hate he’s receiving likely dying down some- doesn’t return.

If anyone is at all bullish on Watson then honestly it would be close in the sense that it’s any given Sunday, but not close in the sense that the talent disparity would be too great.

Personally I could see the Bengals finishing something like 2-4 or 1-5 in this division. I think they finish in 4th place, only it feels worse this year because Burrow would be playing.

This is a felony level of copium right here. Clearly more than just personal use.

The homer in me picks the Ravens. I mean logically I feel we have the best chance looking at the position groups of all the squads in the division, I like our chances at competing for the best in most areas outside of WR (3rd place) and Edge (4th place). OL is also a place where I’d be curious how the groups across the division look but I like our chances to field a quality unit.

That said if a squad has me most afraid, it would probably be the Browns. Their WR/TE core looks like it could be sneakily good. They’ve got a great coach and they’ve got nice talent top to bottom.

I’d have the Steelers as the team that I’d probably think could make the most noise in the postseason though as I’d expect them to finish 3rd place in the division, assuming none of the squads have a cataclysmic injury situation.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is a felony level of copium right here. Clearly more than just personal use.

What are you talking about. I’m a Ravens fan, why the hell would I cope for the Browns.

It could simply be that I don’t believe in the Bengals team?

HC: Stefanski vs Taylor
QB: Watson vs Burrow
RB: Browns vs Bengals
WR: Browns vs Bengals
TE: Browns vs Bengals
OL: Browns vs Bengals

DL: Browns vs Bengals
LB: Browns vs Bengals
S: Browns vs Bengals
CB: Browns vs Bengals

ST: Browns vs Bengals

Which position groups would you say I’m being unfair to with the Bengals?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

What are you talking about. I’m a Ravens fan, why the hell would I cope for the Browns.

It could simply be that I don’t believe in the Bengals team?

HC: Stefanski vs Taylor
QB: Watson vs Burrow
RB: Browns vs Bengals
WR: Browns vs Bengals
TE: Browns vs Bengals
OL: Browns vs Bengals

DL: Browns vs Bengals
LB: Browns vs Bengals
S: Browns vs Bengals
CB: Browns vs Bengals

ST: Browns vs Bengals

Which position groups would you say I’m being unfair to with the Bengals?

Considering burrows is on a hof career

and dushbag is a last place qb sense he got here.

question how many qbs with a 90 rating with his team beat hof QBs?

read my lips Stefanski has not won 1 playoff game sense Mayfield left how is he Superior?

while the bengals coach is the only coach to beat kc

Last time I checked Stefanski is tied for last place in the AFC north sense dushbag arrived

question what is dushbags rating before Cleveland and with Cleveland?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:52 PM, Daniel said:

Another **** take. Bengals could easily finish ahead of the Browns, but the Browns finished second in the division while the Bengals finished last. Acting like it's outlandish to think the Browns finish ahead of the Bengals is dumb on your part.