Eagles sign WR John Ross

RaidersAreOne

57 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Still don't have a No. 3 receiver

Pretty sure John Ross in the Slot, isn't the answer.  Throw enough at the position this summer, I'm sure 5 will emerge at some point before the season. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure John Ross in the Slot, isn't the answer.  Throw enough at the position this summer, I'm sure 5 will emerge at some point before the season. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe they're hoping Johnny Wilson will be that guy. He does have good size

1 hour ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Maybe they're hoping Johnny Wilson will be that guy. He does have good size

Wilson , Ainias Smith possibly even Britain Covey?

Honestly depends on what roles Kellen Moore sees AJ and Smitty as too? 

I'm of the opinion Moore will take one of the two and put them in the Cee Dee Lamb / Keenan Allen role in his offense.  

Which means, throw them in the Slot more then most offenses to create mismatches. 

6 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I feel like this may be due to the new kickoff rules more than anything. Worth a shot.

We have a plethora of guys who can excel at the new kickoff. It's more so just to get a guy who can stretch the defense every now and then even if he's just a decoy.

We don't have a real clear #3 guy, but behind AJ and Smitty we have various role guys: Parris Campbell (starting slot), John Ross (burner), Johnny Wilson (Big dude), Ainias Smith (YAC Slot)

6 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I feel like this may be due to the new kickoff rules more than anything. Worth a shot.

I literally sat here trying to think of the reason for this, and this was the only thing I could think of.