NFL Expansion Draft 2018 // FFDE 18' Sign-Up (6/8)

One Punch Man

On 1/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, AlNFL19 said:

How will we determine the signing of real NFL free agents?

Disregard them, if the list for every team is done before free agency. But my assumption is that we might get a filled sign-up during. 

The free agent signings will impact who teams put up. Lists made after free agent signings can reflect these. If the teams beforehand wish to make a change based off of signings, they may. If not, operate in real-time.

• 2 weeks later...

LOS ANGELES RAMS

1.Tavon Austin (overblown contract)

2. Marc Barron (Save some cap room, not a good fit for the 3-4)

3. Robert Quinn (Save some cap room)

4. Lance Dunbar(has no role in the team)

5.Dominique Easley

6.Isaiah Johson

7.Derek Carrier

8.Carlos Thompson

Basically a list of players I would be looking to drop or trade, either to increase cap room and move on from players with large contracts and trouble staying healthy or backups in positions we are looking to improve in 2018. 

18 hours ago, Fragafootball said:

LOS ANGELES RAMS

1.Tavon Austin (overblown contract)

2. Marc Barron (Save some cap room, not a good fit for the 3-4)

3. Robert Quinn (Save some cap room)

4. Lance Dunbar(has no role in the team)

5.Dominique Easley

6.Isaiah Johson

7.Derek Carrier

8.Carlos Thompson

Basically a list of players I would be looking to drop or trade, either to increase cap room and move on from players with large contracts and trouble staying healthy or backups in positions we are looking to improve in 2018. 

Just realized Dunbar and Carrier have expiring contracts. So I would sub them for Termarick Hemmingway and Michael Thomas

On 12/20/2017 at 1:22 AM, One Punch Man said:

Philadelphia Eagles -

QB Nate Sudfield, RB Wendell Smallwood, WR Torrey Smith, TE Brent Celek, G Chance Warmack, DE Vinny Curry, LB Joe Walker, LS Rick Lovato

What's been selected here has been picked but I'm going to offer my 8 that I'd give up.

S Rodney McLeod
QB Nick Foles
TE Brent Celek
G Chance Warmack
G Isaac Seumalo
RB Donnell Pumphrey
WR Shelton Gibson
---
WR Torrey Smith

First seven could have notable dead money that we really would rather be rid of, but I couldn't think of an 8th player we'd like to dump with any dead significant amount of dead money on their deal, so I just defaulted to that scrub Torrey Smith

We should keep Joe Walker, he's a capable backup. Nick Foles is a good backup but we're still overpaying him based off his cumulative performance so far.

Vinny Curry is an interesting case. Are we overpaying him? Yeah probably, but he's still a good player. I think the case for dumping him is stronger in this situation where we'd save $11 Million than in reality where we'd only save $5 Million 

In regards to Torrey Smith, we can cut him without penalty, if your goal is to remove dead weight, there's no need to include him on this list unless you don't have anyone else you're willing to part ways with.

@EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's been selected here has been picked but I'm going to offer my 8 that I'd give up.

S Rodney McLeod
QB Nick Foles
TE Brent Celek
G Chance Warmack
G Isaac Seumalo
RB Donnell Pumphrey
WR Shelton Gibson
---
WR Torrey Smith

First seven could have notable dead money that we really would rather be rid of, but I couldn't think of an 8th player we'd like to dump with any dead significant amount of dead money on their deal, so I just defaulted to that scrub Torrey Smith

We should keep Joe Walker, he's a capable backup. Nick Foles is a good backup but we're still overpaying him based off his cumulative performance so far.

Vinny Curry is an interesting case. Are we overpaying him? Yeah probably, but he's still a good player. I think the case for dumping him is stronger in this situation where we'd save $11 Million than in reality where we'd only save $5 Million 

Just trying to save Vinny Curry so you dont lose the bet 

aK3DalC6.jpg

@One Punch Man

One of the issues with this versus an actual expansion draft is that it's usually a single team and that gives them the ability to look at the entirety of players available and carefully craft out their roster considering things like Salary Cap, youth, and quality of the player all in one as a whole not just looking at individual players. It will be a lot more difficult with eight teams coming in at once honestly.

@One Punch Man

One of the issues with this versus an actual expansion draft is that it's usually a single team and that gives them the ability to look at the entirety of players available and carefully craft out their roster considering things like Salary Cap, youth, and quality of the player all in one as a whole not just looking at individual players. It will be a lot more difficult with eight teams coming in at once honestly.

By the way. You're going to have a problem here. 

32 teams offering 8 players a piece = 256 players
8 teams at 53 players each = 424 players

You're not going to have enough players?

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

@One Punch Man

By the way. You're going to have a problem here. 

32 teams offering 8 players a piece = 256 players
8 teams at 53 players each = 424 players

You're not going to have enough players?

I appreciate the concern and will adjust it. It’s not just restricted to the players offered up by other teams: current NFL free agents are up for the draft as well. Sure, you’ll be looking at undrafted, unsigned rookies, past-prime vets and practice squad players, but anything to fill up that 53.

As we get closer to pulling this thing off, I’d like to get your guys opinion on this upcoming year’s draft class and how/if it should be incorporated.

Also, what would you guys think about drafting players from the AFL and CFL? 

Archived