Bears are officially on Hard Knocks

Figured this was going to happen as soon as we got Caleb.... Too easy of a "story" to sell interest in the series. Brand new top rated qb in one of the biggest major markets, that is also desperate to join the modern NFL offensively. 

Still a bit surprised Warren and Poles have enough pull to make it happen.... I know the McCaskies are super against it. 

I really like this, this has the potential to be a real fun team, at least personality-wise.  I always like getting to see the more human side of these guys.  But my god…the Kevin Warren puff piece scenes are going to be miserable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Evidently I no longer know how to post embedded tweets 

X is janky. 🙄 Took me like 8 tries to finally get it.

Why did my longish winded comment just disappear off the face of the earth when I submitted it earlier 

I’m excited for:

seeing the layout of the bears org 

seeing what the players are like

seeing the flow and structure of my favorite team 

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm not unhappy that we can watch hard knocks with the Bears, but I do think there is something to be said about this being another unnecessary distraction for a rookie QB.

Maybe, maybe not. Caleb has been in the spotlight more than most rookies. He has already been scrutinized and picked apart as much as he has been praised. He's use to the money aspect that comes with being in the NFL as well. He is probably the most ready for something like this as any rookie that the Bears have ever had. 

I am going to watch.  But I stopped watching hard knocks many years ago when it got formulaic and frankly fake.

They go and show a happy marriage of one of players. Maybe a guy building something from IKEA.  Some UDFA or late round picks on bubble.  The pain of cutting of them.  The joy of making the team. Some rookie hazing - making them sing or do a skit or something stupid  (it was great first season when Ravens did it).  If I was an UDFA I would be pissed.  I dont have time to work on this nonsense I am trying to make the team! 

But the unexpected or the crazy or the truly interesting gets edited out because teams have final say on what can be aired. 

They don’t show strategy or true discussions.  Or even a full drill or session.

Hopefully they do better than I remember.  

I want to see how the sausage is made.  Not fluff.  At least fans who don’t get to attend camp will get to see a lot more of camp rather than just a few twitter video’s.

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I want to see how the sausage is made

I want equipment to be stolen again but this time on camera 

• Like 1