TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

On 6/9/2024 at 8:22 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Oh no, Women Communists are signing petitions. I'm sure that .002% of ESPN's audience is ENRAGED by this. 

ESPN knows how this story plays. ESPN manufactured the CC story that we see today. 

If ESPN wanted this story to stop being a racial one, they could stop it from being the immediately by prohibiting their people from talking about that ****. They don't. In fact, they encourage it. 

The commi's that's good stuff there and so freaking true. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because Jordan was an elite human being? Lol

Aren't all athletes elite humans............did PFT keep the arrest days clock up or remove it:) Bahaha. 

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Even at the time Laettner was a bit of a "one of these things is not like the others" pick for the team. 

Fun fact about the Dream Team Laettener was 4th on the team in points per minute played and lead the team in rebounds per minute played. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Fun fact about the Dream Team Laettener was 4th on the team in points per minute played and lead the team in rebounds per minute played. 

I have to imagine that Dream Team stats are extremely correlated to how much everybody gave a ****. 

Laettner being essentially rookie hazed into having to do a bunch of work basically tracks. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

It's not a win for Women's Basketball. It's a win for the wallets and bank accounts of those running Women's Basketball, as her name would probably bring attention and possibly more buy-ins, translating to more profit. That said, the fact they did not go with this approach is pretty STUPID of them, all things considered.

fify

Edited by Old Guy

A thing I think a lot of people are missing is that the WNBA draft was on April 15th, 8 days after the NCAA women's basketball championship.  Iowa's WBB first game was on October 6.  The WNBA preseason started on May 3rd.  Even if Clark is the future of women's basketball, right now she's not really playing very well because she's been playing Basketball for eight consecutive months and will have been playing basketball for ten consecutive months by the time the Olympics started.

Like the thing about modern Olympic basketball teams is that they're basically put together a year after the last Olympics ends, because chemistry is important in basketball.   Particularly in women's basketball which is really technical because it's easier to find women who are really good at the skills part of the game than women who are incredibly tall. You're not going to put somebody who missed all of those practices and also isn't really playing very well right now on the Olympic Team just because she's famous.  People in America are going to watch the Olympic basketball not because of specific players, but because people like to see their country win stuff in the Olympics.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I have to imagine that Dream Team stats are extremely correlated to how much everybody gave a ****. 

Laettner being essentially rookie hazed into having to do a bunch of work basically tracks. 

Yeah, absolutely. He basically came in for the last 5 minutes while up 30 and was the only person still hustling. It's a completely useless stat I like to throw out whenever people dog my favorite all time basketball player. 

How long can the WNBA continue to stay relevant? They’re cruising seemingly yet I know no one watching the games. The only coverage is Clark related and they’ve used up seemingly all the “new” and “firsts” for her and moved onto trying to show the rest of the league including consistently mean lesbos, Female Shaq is showing its chest, near race wars, Jimmy Butler is catcalling them on X. Idk what they can WWE in to keep ratings up. Sex tapes maybe? Like she needs to date someone supremely loved nationally or the rating slide is about to start. Maybe that relationship ends with her giving him the stone cold stunner (figuratively). She won’t be in the playoffs so if she’s trying to draw more sponsorship money she’s gonna be making moves. Maybe they turn the heterophobia up two notches. Maybe like a female Ivan Drago pops out of Russia abruptly that can windmill dunk. Could be Frederic Weis’ daughter seeking revenge on America for what Vince Carter did to her dad. Possibly I don’t know, but this is the incoherent rant I needed. 

Football save me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because Jordan was an elite human being? Lol

Jordan appears to be quite the piece of work himself. It's weird what happens to a person when they spent decades being fawned over and enabled by everyone around them. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Jordan appears to be quite the piece of work himself. It's weird what happens to a person when they spent decades being fawned over and enabled by everyone around them. 

From every story that I have heard about Michael Jordan, he is incredibly good at one thing, and nearly comically bad at everything else.  BUT that one thing that he is really good at, and the success that it brought him, gives him the confidence to believe he is that good at everything else too.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Could be Frederic Weis’ daughter seeking revenge on America for what Vince Carter did to her dad.

ead9d1da-a26a-4df6-9e6f-7b06f3fd8fda_tex

“left my elbow in the pot a la Vince Carter” -Pusha T

21 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Joey Chestnut will not be allowed to participate in Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest because he is promoting a rival plant-based hotdog. The decline of this country cannot be denied. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/40328161/joey-chestnut-banned-nathan-famous-hot-dog-eating-contest

I mean, if he is insistent on eating a different hotdog, or wearing a different brand's logo, I get it.  It isn't the "most hotdogs eating contest" it is the "Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest."  If I worked at McDonald's, they would probably frown on me wearing a Burger King hat.  He took the sponsorship money, so he can't participate in the event.  

• Like 1