Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Where are the power rankings/PWNYs saying how good the predators are!?

It’s me. Saying the predators are good

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Where are the power rankings/PWNYs saying how good the predators are!?

I've been busy AF. I said I'd try to get them back in this week or next. I should be able to do them Sunday evening.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Meh. Two missed block sacks in four games certainly isn't good, but Smith was struggling as well. I'm holding tryouts, and I'm banking on him being better at OG2.

I've got options for you as the true deadline approaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

@TheKillerNacho

Please drop Trent Brown from the PS and add Carson Steele to the PS.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@TheKillerNacho Please drop Donovan Smith and add Trent Brown at OG2. Thank you!

if i don't get to these after posting Week 9 (should be tonight as I'm going away for the weekend), remind me.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And that's exactly what teams should do. I did the same last year: lost a few close games, my chances went south and I sold to obtain as many future assets as possible.

But, of course the guy with Mahomes wants everyone else to remain mediocre each season.

When the sim started, it was developed by a football fan with a passion for the sport, and computer skills to create a simulation. After the success of the first season, there was clearly interest, and it's grown from there. I think at the root of it all, is the fun of drafting players from different teams and competing against one another. I haven't had Mahomes for my entire tenure, yet I've had only 1 or 2 losing seasons. Personally, the more I've thought about it, I'd be for eliminating the keeper system altogether and making it strictly draft based on last seasons results. Yes, this means I'd lose Mahomes. And Mahomes would likely go #1 each time, but it would encourage all the teams to go for it all each season, and put forth the best starters they could. My concern wasn't the activity of the league - I agree, new owners are certainly more active. But as I said, the spirit of the sim, seeing the best random assortment of players matching up week after week, has suffered when teams build for the future and abandon trying to win that season. I'm not faulting the owners for long term strategy, it's just the way the system is currently in place. Could that future 5th you get end up being the difference maker to winning a ship? It's possible. But keep in mind, (and I want to make it clear I'm not speaking for Nacho, just my opinion) the commissioner has been running this league for decades for the entertainment of us all, putting in time and effort to update ratings, update teams, sim, record, upload, share, and compile the stats for us. When some folks pack it in and others get "easy" wins, it sort of... diminishes that. I'm no saint either - I've certainly taken advantage when owners are in a sell mode. But I'd rather have 20 owners competing the whole season and short of eliminating the keeper system, there's that incentive to build for the future. On the flip side I understand how a rebuilding team can be rewarded for taking a chance on developing talent, and it's always fun to see players you may take a risk on and draft end up having a great NFL season, and improve for next year.

Anyways, I've rambled long enough. I'm not trying to say anyone's approach is wrong, just that it feels different than the sim's early years. My initial post was a little troll, but the more I thought on it, the more I realized I do feel that way.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

When the sim started, it was developed by a football fan with a passion for the sport, and computer skills to create a simulation. After the success of the first season, there was clearly interest, and it's grown from there. I think at the root of it all, is the fun of drafting players from different teams and competing against one another. I haven't had Mahomes for my entire tenure, yet I've had only 1 or 2 losing seasons. Personally, the more I've thought about it, I'd be for eliminating the keeper system altogether and making it strictly draft based on last seasons results. Yes, this means I'd lose Mahomes. And Mahomes would likely go #1 each time, but it would encourage all the teams to go for it all each season, and put forth the best starters they could. My concern wasn't the activity of the league - I agree, new owners are certainly more active. But as I said, the spirit of the sim, seeing the best random assortment of players matching up week after week, has suffered when teams build for the future and abandon trying to win that season. I'm not faulting the owners for long term strategy, it's just the way the system is currently in place. Could that future 5th you get end up being the difference maker to winning a ship? It's possible. But keep in mind, (and I want to make it clear I'm not speaking for Nacho, just my opinion) the commissioner has been running this league for decades for the entertainment of us all, putting in time and effort to update ratings, update teams, sim, record, upload, share, and compile the stats for us. When some folks pack it in and others get "easy" wins, it sort of... diminishes that. I'm no saint either - I've certainly taken advantage when owners are in a sell mode. But I'd rather have 20 owners competing the whole season and short of eliminating the keeper system, there's that incentive to build for the future. On the flip side I understand how a rebuilding team can be rewarded for taking a chance on developing talent, and it's always fun to see players you may take a risk on and draft end up having a great NFL season, and improve for next year.

Anyways, I've rambled long enough. I'm not trying to say anyone's approach is wrong, just that it feels different than the sim's early years. My initial post was a little troll, but the more I thought on it, the more I realized I do feel that way.

Extremely fair. Great take.

In my opinion, if a long-term owner wants to win championships (which should be the goal for all long-term owners), they aren't trying to win each season. It's not feasible, which is highlighted by the numbers in the Hall of Fame. The best way to win championships is to obtain future resources when you aren't in a position to win, and to trade away future resources when you are in a position to win. Owners that try to give themselves advantages when their team has a chance, and who trade away assets when they don't, will win far more championships, which should be the ultimate goal.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Extremely fair. Great take.

In my opinion, if a long-term owner wants to win championships (which should be the goal for all long-term owners), they aren't trying to win each season. It's not feasible, which is highlighted by the numbers in the Hall of Fame. The best way to win championships is to obtain future resources when you aren't in a position to win, and to trade away future resources when you are in a position to win. Owners that try to give themselves advantages when their team has a chance, and who trade away assets when they don't, will win far more championships, which should be the ultimate goal.

I mean I did this in BDL too… traded away draft picks McCaffrey, Kupp, Kittle for greater capital and kept building and won a championship after having enough ammo to trade up for Burrow first overall and make 6 top 14 picks the following year, etc.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

We all have fun in our different ways and that brings us together.

For me, i had the most fun beating tammy in the nacho bowl

To go along with this, i used to hate the draft process part of this but loved the season part.

Bringing on @Ragnarok as co-owner helped me enjoy that part of it, as he knows a lot more players than me and we work well together coming up with a draft plan. Its been fun drafting since rag came aboard

Glem likes the offseason but wants to tune out during the season. Thats cool too.

This game offers different things to different people and all hail @TheKillerNacho for creating this excellent game 

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 5