Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

4 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Wonder what the backup plan is if he doesn't. 

Montgomery? I'd rather go with him than Cobb. Unless Cobb's price comes down.

No way. Did you not watch Monty start games last year. Not efficient with his pitch counts, walks too many batters, doesn't have a lot of swing and miss. No Monty is not a better option to start than Cobb not even close.

2 minutes ago, bootsy said:

No way. Did you not watch Monty start games last year. Not efficient with his pitch counts, walks too many batters, doesn't have a lot of swing and miss. No Monty is not a better option to start than Cobb not even close.

Didn't say he was better.

Said I would rather just roll with Monty rather then give Cobb the 20 million per year he supposedly wants. 

13 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Didn't say he was better.

Said I would rather just roll with Monty rather then give Cobb the 20 million per year he supposedly wants. 

Well, he's not getting anywhere close to that.  I would guess that Cobb is Plan B to Darvish's Plan A, though.  Monty is too valuable as a long reliever/spot starter/rotation injury fill-in to put him in the rotation full time, IMO.  Need to sign one of Darvish/Cobb/Arrieta (in that order).  

On 2/1/2018 at 3:46 PM, Blazer026 said:

Curious about how you guys feel about Sammy Sosa. 

You guys think he should welcomed back? I thought I heard the Cubs won't welcome him back unless apologizes.

I think it’s more that he hasn’t admitted anything. He doesn’t owe anyone an apology. Hell, he and McGwire saved baseball. Just own up to it like most everyone else and be done.