Ed Policy named next President/CEO

I think the Pick is not a surprise, but the Packers board just elected him unanimously. Probably won't get a lot of fanfare but is important to the organization as we have seen from Murphy/Harlan.

"Policy is a great name for a general counsel and CEO.

https://www.packers.com/news/ed-policy-named-next-green-bay-packers-chairman-president-and-ceo

Edited by Arthur Penske

Can’t wait to start making jokes about hoping he takes a new Policy on paying quarterbacks.

Hope the new Policy is draft, sit for a year, play for three, trade, repeat.

Unless you get the next Brady (takes less than they’re worth literally every single year of their career) or Mahomes (overcomes their pay by making it work with literally nobody but one player at the skills).

Edited by MacReady

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Expected. 

Hopefully he continues staying the **** out of the way. 

Defintely .. will be interesting to see if Gute is given more power in time.  Seems he should be, but when you have a coach of LaFleur's status and the current co-equal setup between him and Gute, it becomes more difficult to make drastic changes.  

It will be interesting to see if he is as involved in football decisions as Murphy was. Murphy had played in the NFL under a HOF coach and had been an athletic director in college (so he had hired many coaches). Policy has done none of that.

40 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This young fella from the Commanders was reportedly a finalist.  Maybe we can bring him over in some capacity.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-jason-wright-was-a-finalist-to-replace-mark-murphy-as-packers-next-president-ceo/

No way!!!

Can't give the job to someone who approved and oversaw the Washington name change to the Commanders!!!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This young fella from the Commanders was reportedly a finalist.  Maybe we can bring him over in some capacity.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-jason-wright-was-a-finalist-to-replace-mark-murphy-as-packers-next-president-ceo/

I don't know much about him, but hiring a guy with a culture background from Washington seems like a poor choice compared to the in-house candidate with a degree from Notre Dame and a J.D. from Stanford. I feel like Policy was generally regarded as the guy the whole time.

Edited by Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I keep reading this title as Education Policy and it fills me with dread thinking about how disastrous a federal educational policy would need to be in order to make it to this board.

Betsy could do it

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I keep reading this title as Education Policy and it fills me with dread thinking about how disastrous a federal educational policy would need to be in order to make it to this board.

One could argue the federal educational policy is precisely why this board is so disastrous though. *green font*