Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don’t think the Bengals can afford the second year of it.  That’s going to be a large chunk of change.  

Yea there is no way, on top of pay Chase, that they are going to afford two top 5 salary WRs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

There’s the franchise tag that could be applied before hitting free agency. 

I read something where they have apparently never applied the tag twice or something. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I read something where they have apparently never applied the tag twice or something. 

How many truly have, ya know? Feel like it rarely happens.

• Like 1

Thinking about Aiyuk makes me realize how San Francisco sure lives in a abundance of riches.  It isn't unrealistic to say a team might pay close to 30M/year and a 1st round draft pick for San Francisco's FOURTH best offensive weapon.  Crazy.  

Of course, there is the lingering question of how Aiyuk will fare when he is treated like the best offensive weapon of a team.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2024 at 11:31 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Plus wouldn't Aiyuk and Tee Higgins be FA next offseason? Why give up the 1st (or a 2nd and another pick) when we have the cap space to simply sign them?

Bingo

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

How many truly have, ya know? Feel like it rarely happens.

Not everyone can be as bad at front office moves like a Snyder controlled FO.  😂 

Not trading Kirk to San Fran in 2017 for their 1st round #2 overall pick plus more, not trading Trent to the Browns in 2019 & not trading Scherff in 2020 or 2021 for higher picks than a 3rd round comp is still haunting this franchise.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

Thinking about Aiyuk makes me realize how San Francisco sure lives in a abundance of riches.  It isn't unrealistic to say a team might pay close to 30M/year and a 1st round draft pick for San Francisco's FOURTH best offensive weapon.  Crazy.  

Of course, there is the lingering question of how Aiyuk will fare when he is treated like the best offensive weapon of a team.

This is also a great point that I haven’t thought about before.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is also a great point that I haven’t thought about before.  

I don’t think he’s in their long term plans. But if Pearsaw is hurt this probably holds up any chance which I already don’t think them trading him is really likely. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t think he’s in their long term plans. But if Pearsaw is hurt this probably holds up any chance which I already don’t think them trading him is really likely. 

I mean, you look at Baltimore, and they almost always let OL walk because they spend Round 1-3 picks just about every year on OL and have the “next player up” philosophy.  Thats a little bit in how the 49ers have approached things under Lynch.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, you look at Baltimore, and they almost always let OL walk because they spend Round 1-3 picks just about every year on OL and have the “next player up” philosophy.  Thats a little bit in how the 49ers have approached things under Lynch.  

I get it. That’s what good teams do. You pay the stars. The guys you can just pick every year in the draft. Me personally I keep a pick that makes them okay with walking away without a player to help them this year. I like the player. If you were getting him for his projected 26 per season and for a 2 and at most a second 2 okay. But more than that and more money you have to go elsewhere.

And honestly with guys like Banks and the rest of these OT’s coming out next year I keep the pick. The best player in the class overall right now atleast on my end of year rankings are an edge and the Michigan CB and Hunter then Banks from Texas. I am always going to look too the draft because I do so much more work on that because for me no matter if they declare or don’t my notes translate. FA is a crap shoot discussion until the franchise tag deadline. And even then players sign back at the last minute. I’d love to have Brandon Terry and Jahan!!

That said I feel like the best thing for this team with say a top 8 selection gives you more then likely a shot at one of the top 2 or 3 OT’s which will all have top 10 grades. Then you could get an elite CB if the OT’s and top 2 edges are gone. this is all way too early as well because we could be picking 16 or 22 or 1 or whatever. That said I think we can see improvement in record without being to blinded. I just don’t think SF will actually trade him without a player they can use this year

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...