Which player makes the biggest jump this season?

this forum ain't poppin lets get some discussion about some up-and-comers and guys who you think are gonna make a leap this season in their play. Could even be Mad Maxx becoming the best defensive player in the NFL. Anything goes. 

I think Michael Mayer actually might become a very valuable cog in our offense. I know Bowers will probably be our number one guy but I think they will mix him around so much that Mayer will be that dirty work type of guy that keeps the wheels turning on offense. From what I've heard he is becoming a serious leader on this team and I think our offense needs a vocal leader at times (Adams could be too). Hype up someone who you think is being underlooked.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Jack Jones vaults himself into the top 10 at his position. He's in an environment that suits him and seems to fit into Graham's system perfectly.

At the end of last season, I think he was top 15 top 10. Once he got to the Raiders he put on an absolute show.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

At the end of last season, I think he was top 15 top 10. Once he got to the Raiders he put on an absolute show.

His jump won't even be in ability or statistics, it will be in recognition.  The guy is ranked so low by so many NFL "analysts," and it's easy to argue that his "jump" in recognition is inevitable.  Especially if he puts on another clinic against KC.

I'm going to go with Z. White.  He's been in the lab this offseason turning into the second coming of Jamal Lewis (Ravens early/mid 2000s RB).  I'm hyped to see him play this season.

16 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

this forum ain't poppin lets get some discussion about some up-and-comers and guys who you think are gonna make a leap this season in their play. Could even be Mad Maxx becoming the best defensive player in the NFL. Anything goes. 

I think Michael Mayer actually might become a very valuable cog in our offense. I know Bowers will probably be our number one guy but I think they will mix him around so much that Mayer will be that dirty work type of guy that keeps the wheels turning on offense. From what I've heard he is becoming a serious leader on this team and I think our offense needs a vocal leader at times (Adams could be too). Hype up someone who you think is being underlooked.

I feel the same. I think the focus will (rightfully) be on Adams and Bowers, and Mayer could easily take advantage of the defense having to pick and choose who to guard the most effectively. His blocking is underrated as well, which could be key in giving AOC an extra 1.5 seconds to get the ball to an open target.

AOC and Wilson are other candidates as well.

Interesting topic for sure. 

Most here know I’m a Mayer fan and he’s a fairly obvious pick but I’m going to go with Thayer Munford on this one! 

I’ve recently watched a little bit of him and if he steps up at RT like he has the potential he could jump from being a swing or backup player to a solid RT in this league. He’s got the potential I believe to be a huge breakout player this year and will get the opportunity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

His jump won't even be in ability or statistics, it will be in recognition.  The guy is ranked so low by so many NFL "analysts," and it's easy to argue that his "jump" in recognition is inevitable.  Especially if he puts on another clinic against KC.

It could just be the New England way if he would’ve jumped that pass in New England he would get yelled at for not doing whatever?

19 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

The way I see it Mayer is a lesser version of Kittle. Good blocker but just doesn’t have the wiggle to break tackles that Kittle has.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Interesting topic for sure. 

Most here know I’m a Mayer fan and he’s a fairly obvious pick but I’m going to go with Thayer Munford on this one! 

I’ve recently watched a little bit of him and if he steps up at RT like he has the potential he could jump from being a swing or backup player to a solid RT in this league. He’s got the potential I believe to be a huge breakout player this year and will get the opportunity.

I like this pick because we've been looking to improve RT for so many years now. If Munford doesn't make that leap we might need to go T in the first round again like many said we should this year. I hope Glaze get's plenty of reps in preseason so we can get a look at him too.

• Like 1

Obvious answer has to be AOC. Aside from him I will say Zeus. 1,000 yard season coming up for him with 8 TDs. Think the OL is set up for him to have a break out year. He stays healthy he’s gonna eat cause the touches will be there and the OL is better 

On 7/12/2024 at 6:55 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I say Tyree Wilson cause he can’t get worse. Imo this coaching staff gets it and will but him in a position to succeed inside next to Wilkins 

For a top 7 selection he was most definitely a disappointment statistically in his rookie campaign. However each of us knew he was not 100% healthy and those foot injuries take a long time to bounce back from by all accounts. Not to mention his pass-rush moves we raw, he missed most of TC/pre season and required major help with with his get off. People expecting him to light it up early were out of their minds imo.

I think he will take a pretty substantial step this year. It will be tough getting tons of pure pass-rushing snaps as Koonce should not be coming off the field much in those situations, but if Tyree can rush effectively from the interior next to Wilkins then our D is going to be insane. I will almost treat this as his rookie season.