WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I still can't believe we are going to trade our ONE emerging and ascending weapon for a future 2nd round pick. Not even to help us this season. Trash. 

Would you feel better if I told you it may come with a 4th or 5th round pick too? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I still can't believe we are going to trade our ONE emerging and ascending weapon for a future 2nd round pick. Not even to help us this season. Trash. 

2025 2nd and 4th and a 2026 3rd

I’m assuming this is recent and if so, can’t you just pay him the $2mil difference or is it verbiage he wants in the contract, etc. Aiyuk’s camp is pushing back and essentially telling the fans that he wants to stay. 

Wonder if Kyle is just mad about everything and is done! 

Sounds to me like both sides have too much pride. Aiyuk overplayed his hand with all the stuff about how unhappy he was and wanted to be traded. The Niners got their feelings hurt and refused to deal with him. Now Aiyuk is realizing he screwed up and is trying to make amends. Niners are still in angry mode and are pushing him away. 

Cooler heads need to prevail. They need to get back to business and say how about we cool off for a week or two and then commit on both sides to bust our butts to get a deal done. We wanna make this work so let’s do it. 

I think Aiyuk could start practicing, albeit not full contact, but at least so walk through as and all that until he has a contract. Would show he wants to be there. And Niners could say how about we stop listening to trades for a bit and just make you feel like part of the team and publicly say we want him on the team and we are gonna make it work. 

Am I naive here? Just seems like they need to come up with a roadmap, hug it out, and say we’re only fighting because we love you. I feel like they should stop talking contract and instead get a marriage counselor for a bit before they throw away what could be a beautiful thing! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, straighthate said:

Sounds to me like both sides have too much pride. Aiyuk overplayed his hand with all the stuff about how unhappy he was and wanted to be traded. The Niners got their feelings hurt and refused to deal with him. Now Aiyuk is realizing he screwed up and is trying to make amends. Niners are still in angry mode and are pushing him away. 

Cooler heads need to prevail. They need to get back to business and say how about we cool off for a week or two and then commit on both sides to bust our butts to get a deal done. We wanna make this work so let’s do it. 

I think Aiyuk could start practicing, albeit not full contact, but at least so walk through as and all that until he has a contract. Would show he wants to be there. And Niners could say how about we stop listening to trades for a bit and just make you feel like part of the team and publicly say we want him on the team and we are gonna make it work. 

Am I naive here? Just seems like they need to come up with a roadmap, hug it out, and say we’re only fighting because we love you. I feel like they should stop talking contract and instead get a marriage counselor for a bit before they throw away what could be a beautiful thing! 

Perhaps with the Steelers not giving anywhere close to what the 49ers want will push Paraag back to the negotiating table.

12 hours ago, StevenK said:

I’m assuming this is recent and if so, can’t you just pay him the $2mil difference or is it verbiage he wants in the contract, etc. Aiyuk’s camp is pushing back and essentially telling the fans that he wants to stay. 

Wonder if Kyle is just mad about everything and is done! 

But really, as much as everyone is yelling about APY, it's fully guaranteed that matters. It's possible they are 12-18 million apart. The APY doesn't even matter because you can inflate money; he will never get to have it look like it's 28 million APY.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, straighthate said:

Am I naive here?

To a degree, yes. Aiyuk practicing would somewhat end the hold out for the short term, I dont think he does so until actual game checks are at stake. 

If he does practice, I would worry about him "getting hurt". 

I agree with you that cooler heads need to prevail.