Raider Training Camp 2024

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Perhaps our defense is really good 😂

I’ll go with that 😜 tbf I’m liking that our secondary is getting picks, Jones seems like a stud in the making. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I’ll go with that 😜 tbf I’m liking that our secondary is getting picks, Jones seems like a stud in the making. 

Jones has ball hawking lockdown CB potential. 

Something about his game reminds me of Asante Samuel. He's small but plays big, and he's not what I would call reckless but there's a sense of controlled wildness in his approach. Definitely plays DB with almost a WR mentality, where he doesn't just want to keep the WR from catching it, he wants to catch it. 

Those types aren't always boom, but when they boom, they're game changers. And I think Jones can absolutely be a boom. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Something about his game reminds me of Asante Samuel. He's small but plays big, and he's not what I would call reckless but there's a sense of controlled wildness in his approach. Definitely plays DB with almost a WR mentality, where he doesn't just want to keep the WR from catching it, he wants to catch it. 

Those types aren't always boom, but when they boom, they're game changers. And I think Jones can absolutely be a boom. 

Agreed, the kid is a playmaker. Is he out of contract next year ? If so if he plays well from the start then a mid season deal should be our priority. 

28 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Something about his game reminds me of Asante Samuel. He's small but plays big, and he's not what I would call reckless but there's a sense of controlled wildness

Ah yes, I can totally see that. That is a good comparison. Controlled wildness hits the nail on the head 😁

41 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agreed, the kid is a playmaker. Is he out of contract next year ? If so if he plays well from the start then a mid season deal should be our priority. 

He is currently in year 3 of his rookie deal. Still have some time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

He was a 2nd rounder so only a 4 year deal is that right ? 

Yes.  First rounders get a team option 5th year.  Other rounds don't I believe.  

• Like 1

read a Q&A with Getsy and he mentioned they arent chipping, double teaming or running away Maxx and thats part of it. They are in install phase and not game planning. Make sense, playing a guy like Maxx straight up, hes going to wreck your whole offense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Jack Jones is having some camp! Maybe it’s the poor QB play but we may have a real playmaker on our hands if he can stay on the straight and narrow.

I don't know about all pro but he's a really good starting CB, a CB "1" 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

read a Q&A with Getsy and he mentioned they arent chipping, double teaming or running away Maxx and thats part of it. They are in install phase and not game planning. Make sense, playing a guy like Maxx straight up, hes going to wreck your whole offense. 

Thats why im not panicking over the offense. They are still installing an offense 

• Like 1